Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 93 FWB and was doin a tune up .

I replaced the thermostat in the normal place on top of the block under #29(see pic) but when i was looking through the coolant diagram and its in the location of #16 (see pic)

what do you guys recommend?

this is my first L05 motor so im little confused.

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
csbuckn,

that diagram is the exact layout in my caddy.

ill remove the bottom t-stat and try it out.

thanks

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
Interesting, I thought the 93 RWD Caddy had a TBI 350, same motor from 90-93. Guess not. Looks like you're gonna be buying a lot of coolant since the radiator and block will probably drain out. I've never seen that bracket(18) before. "My bad".

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
^Yea, thats what I was saying, the TBI 350 that was in my 90 didnt have that extra piece down at the bottom(18)...nor the extra piece going to the radiator(3). Musta had a couple changes in 93. I would think two therms would be pointless if they didnt open at the same time anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think out the info.

i went to caddy today to get diagram.
One of the mechanics said they probly put a junction and the T-Stat there was to get hotter coolant to the heather core faster.... for caddy owners!

on my junction there is 2 lower rad hoses plus a heater core return line.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,390 Posts
That is super weird. I have never looked at a 93 D body TBI, and I have NEVER seen that #18 setup. Certainly not like that on any other L05 I have seen (or owned).

Can we get a picture?

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
Is that a smog delete? The only thing I see on rockauto is an option for HD cooling in the belts section.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
That is a nice website, found a bunch of recalls for the cars I have. They had the 90 Brougham all wrong in the diagram section but the TSB listings are very helpful in the info section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts