Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,408 Posts
Just received mine and I'll have it professionally installed in the coin holder next to the cigarette lighter in the front center console

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,656 Posts
I'd think that should be an easy self install. Let us know if your installer has to do anything severe to make it fit there. I'm thinking of maybe getting one after my CPO warranty expires, and I like that location for ease of access and easily hidden also.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
He'll have to drill a hole for the wire pass through. other than that, it should be an easy install.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So the only reason you aren't doing the install is " you don't drill nothin' " !!!
Just the setup line for long or tinman..... LOL

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
584 Posts
I ran mine to the armrest. It sits on the forward side of the console. Easy access if I want to change it. I didn’t do the ash tray location because I already have my knob for my amplifier there. They literally take like 10 minutes to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I ran mine to the armrest. It sits on the forward side of the console. Easy access if I want to change it. I didn’t do the ash tray location because I already have my knob for my amplifier there. They literally take like 10 minutes to install.
So yours is outside the console? I'd like to see a pic of that location.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
You said "easy access". For me, getting inside the console isn't easy access while I'm driving. In where the cupholders are is easy access, but not in the console. I stash stuff in there I never care to see ever again. I think I have 3 dead bodies in mine by now. :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Your controller looks different, my buddy with the black wagon has his amp controller where the parking brake button is located on the v.

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
584 Posts
I didn’t want anything to be seen under normal conditions. The knob is easily accessible while driving. The throttle controller I haven’t adjusted since I first put it in. It is an older model that I picked up used for $75

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I didn’t want anything to be seen under normal conditions. The knob is easily accessible while driving. The throttle controller I haven’t adjusted since I first put it in. It is an older model that I picked up used for $75

Ah nice

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI 2017 ATS 2.0T
114 Posts
Vehicle Car Center console Luxury vehicle Executive car

Mullah88 you should do it yourself it's pretty easy took me about 30 mins. I put a styrofoam block behind it to make it flush. BTW you're gonna love it and you will definitely feel the difference! But after a while you'll be like me and put it in eco mode lmao.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
View attachment 508994
Mullah88 you should do it yourself it's pretty easy took me about 30 mins. I put a styrofoam block behind it to make it flush. BTW you're gonna love it and you will definitely feel the difference! But after a while you'll be like me and put it in eco mode lmao.
What panels did you pull to hide the wires? I bought it to eliminate some of the lag that occurs when the car is coasting and you step on the gas pedal, it revs before kicking in. I'll love for this to eliminate some of that waiting

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI 2017 ATS 2.0T
114 Posts
What panels did you pull to hide the wires? I bought it to eliminate some of the lag that occurs when the car is coasting and you step on the gas pedal, it revs before kicking in. I'll love for this to eliminate some of that waiting

Check out this link it will give you step by step removal process on how to remove wood trim. Then drill a hole big enough for the connector to pass through I pulled the carpet towards me then ran the cable to the connection box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUxbvR-CIw

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Check out this link it will give you step by step removal process on how to remove wood trim. Then drill a hole big enough for the connector to pass through I pulled the carpet towards me then ran the cable to the connection box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUxbvR-CIw
Nice, saved me a couple of bucks

1 - 20 of 67 Posts