Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a STS-V I purchased in April, 2007. Since then I have not seen one STS-V in Vegas where I live. What is more curious is that I have been back and forth from San Diego on Highway 15 at least 7 times since then, which really gets you involved in lots of traffic.(Although I have been in my pick-up as I need bring fishing gear with me to SD and don't drive the "V".)

But, in all that traffic I have seen 1 CTS-V, NO STS-V's, and no XLR's. I routinely see everything else M's, Vettes, SL's of all kinds, even an occasional Lotus or other such exotic.

Are there just a few "V" out on the West side of the U.S.??

Are they all in Atlanta, or out East?

Did they make just a few?
thanks.

BTW--I will be taking the "V" over in a few weeks, which should allow me to wring it a bit in that traffic

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
They are not a high production car, so don't plan on ever seeing many.

I live on the east coast near Philly. In 2 years since they have been out, I have seen 3 other ones, all 3 were black too. And in 2 years I have only ever seen 1 XLR-V.

Keep looking, you'll see one sooner than later.

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
I see STS-V's almost weekly on my commute to and from Manhattan, NYC. Seen two XLR-V side by side on I-95 last week, eyeing each other up. A few dotted around the city at parking meters here and there. Last week an STS-V came up a ramp aside me while I was going about 75 but never even caught up to me and there was very little traffic..
Far more than CTS-V model around there, must be because they are AUTOMATIC trans!

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Hello,
Welcome!!! Come on down here you will see plenty. We had (5) STS-V's here last week. We have a few STS-V customers out in your area. Just make sure you look out for the D3 badge, cause those are the fast ones!:) There seems to be a strong concentration of V's in the western region. Dont know about the east coast. Florida & Texas also have quite a few as well.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I have a STS-V I purchased in April, 2007. Since then I have not seen one STS-V in Vegas where I live. What is more curious is that I have been back and forth from San Diego on Highway 15 at least 7 times since then, which really gets you involved in lots of traffic.(Although I have been in my pick-up as I need bring fishing gear with me to SD and don't drive the "V".)

But, in all that traffic I have seen 1 CTS-V, NO STS-V's, and no XLR's. I routinely see everything else M's, Vettes, SL's of all kinds, even an occasional Lotus or other such exotic.

Are there just a few "V" out on the West side of the U.S.??

Are they all in Atlanta, or out East?

Did they make just a few?
thanks.

BTW--I will be taking the "V" over in a few weeks, which should allow me to wring it a bit in that traffic

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
I see one or two every day...weekday that is...because I work at a Cadillac dealership. I've seen one on the street, period, since they have been out, with the exception of my own...yes, I saw my wife once going the opposite direction on the freeway when I was on a test drive at work.

Yes, where are they indeed!

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
I live in the Raleigh, NC area. I have only ever seen one other STS-V (also black like mine) and that belongs to Ron who is on this board. I've seen an XLR-V (silver) which I later learned belongs to a salesman at a local Cadillac dealer.

There are a TON of CTS-Vs around here, though. I see at least one almost daily on my commute or when out to lunch. Several black ones, several thunder gray ones, and a silver one that I see fairly frequently in my morning commute. In fact, my service manager at the same local Cadillac dealer has a black CTS-V.

I kind of like having a car that is really rare and limited production. Gotta be unique. But I will admit that it would be nice to at least see ONE STS-V on the road occasionally.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
nice 'senior' reference SD....sheesh....
BTW IHOP stands for International Hangout of Police.....so no STS-Vs there, only Crown Vics.

F

F, get used to SD coming here with his quick hitters about old people. Hell, it's all he's got since we are faster than he is anyway.

Leave him be.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
I have a STS-V I purchased in April, 2007. Since then I have not seen one STS-V in Vegas where I live.
I moved in May from Vegas to Dallas and only saw one STS-V.
Do you remember talking with a guy in a Platinum CTS-V on Eastern in the Henderson area? We were both at the light and talked for a couple seconds. Not sure who it was.
Not a lot of V's in Vegas. There are a ton out here in the DFW area. I've seen around 20 CTS-V, 5 STS-V, and 2 XLR-V. Our June meet pulled in 12 Vs...that was awesome.

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car spent a lot of late April/early May in a friend's garage as mine was full of construction equiptment for a remodel. Interestingly, I did chat with a guy at the BMW dealers lot in Henderson who had a platinum CTS V. I asked why a Bmr, and he said he loved the CTS V, but was looking at the Bmr for his wife.

I do see a XLR V, it belongs to my friend Tony Curtis--who was actually influential in my getting a V.

I see one at Cadillac East and one at Findley, here, but that is it.

Well, nice to have an exclusive car. I find it interesting most people don't know what it is. But, if you pull up to a light next to the ganga-bangers--they sure know what it is about!

yep, I could see Dallas having quite a few V's.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 STS-V
58 Posts
Well, I live in Boulder City, and there is one other V I see in Boulder also, black on black. Mine is the metalic grey one with the D3 sticker next to the STS on the rear. I drive my car all over vegas, and have seen about 3 other V models. There is also a guy at my work who also has a V STS. I was at the Midnight mayhem tonight trying to run my V with the D3 parts on it, but there was an accident about 3 runs ahead of me that took over an hour to clear, and I did not have time to wait, so I did not run tonight. IT was 96 degrees out anyway so I was not expecting the best of numbers. I will be out there again on the 14th of Sept. if you are interested in going! Still have not run my car which I find fustrating, since installing the full stage I, the car is like new with power all over. I'll even let you drive my car if we find time to!

Also about the IHOP thing, has someone seen me out there or something? I just go bananas over pancakes with fruit on top, and you will find me at one of the IHOP's at least twice a week! By the way I am only 37, so no old poeple cracks!

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
I have yet to see an STS-V on the road, which is just the way I like it. I did see Dan's in Atlanta but that was in his driveway so I don't count that. I thoughtI had come up on one a few months ago but it turned out to be a CTS-V... they look very similar at a distance.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
LOL If you had been out on US 421 / I 40 in Winston Salem tonight, you would have seen me, ssstealth. I breezed through your town in my STS-V at about 90 MPH. God, I love late night runs!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
I've yet to see a STS-V. I have seen the XLR-V. I know the person who owns the dealership and for $100k it can be yours. There are two other CTS-V's in the town I live in.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
LOL If you had been out on US 421 / I 40 in Winston Salem tonight, you would have seen me, ssstealth. I breezed through your town in my STS-V at about 90 MPH. God, I love late night runs!
That is crazy cool! i guess I should not be so bitter if I see one then. It appears that the owners of these things are a classy group and if i see one, then I know I am spotting a pretty cool person as well.

Wave next time as you go by I-40 exit 184 :thumbsup:

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
There is a guy, no shit, 1/2 mile from me with a black one. Pisses me off. (glad to have him representin' tho)

F

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There is a guy, no shit, 1/2 mile from me with a black one. Pisses me off. (glad to have him representin' tho)

F
Good thing too, because each neighborhood needs one fast STS-V and that guy is representin' the fast color ;) :p

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
I saw 1 silver STS-V in the DFW area back when I had my CTS-V. Since I purchased the STS-V I have not seen any. I work in Addison and I see lots of expensive cars. I kind of like it that way to be honest :).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts