Cadillac Owners Forum banner

When you live in a home that sometimes tilts ......

938 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kingoftypos 
#1 ·
20 degree up angle - the bug juice dispensers in the Crew's Mess.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good to know it doesn’t slide off the table!
Had a trip once from Algeciras to Bremerhaven onboard 8000 TEU Luna Maersk. Lean angle was +\- 15 deg in the Bay of Biscay. Had 24 hours completely off duty in bed where I had to lock myself between the bed and the wall in order not to be thrown on the floor.

If you can work in that condition you definitely have more seamanship than I ;)

Nice rules in the engine bay :)

Pump cant eat that much. Haha. Perfect language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Our nuclear powered fast attack subs actually have seat belts for some watch stations as well as body straps on the bunks.

Those bug juice dispensers, coffee pots (10 gallons), whatever - are all bolted down and use spring snaps for holding the removable parts. High speed angles and dangles are fun.

Marine mammal Adaptation Blue whale Whale Humpback whale

#4 ·
Sure that must be fun to try (emergency ascent?).

Prefer structures with a window but efficient mean bastards in a war.

Passed by the sub museum in Muskegon, MI last week. Unfortunately did not have time to see.

#5 ·
USS SILVERSIDES (SS 236) - decommissioned in 1949, left to rot in several ship storage facilities, moved to the Museum in about 1987. A bunch of volunteer vets restored her at monumental personal expense of money and time. Very successful WW-II war patrol record in the Pacific - over 90,000 tons of Japanese shipping sunk.

History and some resto pictures at the bottom.

#6 ·
Thank you for the link. It has some history and remarkable it made it until today.

My father was born when she went out on her 5th mission. It is that long ago.

Hate to drive by such landmarks without having the time to stop and suck ALL details.

#7 ·
Hey Sub409... do you remember the days of when it was in YOUR best interest NOT to flush the toilet at certain times? (Rhetorical question). But please let me know how one knew not to flush the toilet. I could never get a straight answer.

Oh by the way, the current subs have normal house hold toilets. Well it flushes normally, but made out of stainless steel. So gone are those of crap in your face.

KOT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.