Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is covered, but I have done a bit of searching and come up empty. Does anyone have a realistic sense when these will be on dealer lots???

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
more like June/July the plant startup is may...early cars will be made slowly to test the factory and they will ramp up the speed and also the early cars will be for testing purposes like crash tests to determine safety ratings and early cars will be press cars so i'd give it at least a month before real people can get the cars, and that's assuming they don't discover any problems.....remember in late 2012 the '13 ATS press cars all had bad manual transmissions discovered during review tests and Caddy made a change to the tranny before they made customer cars

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
I am starting to think these cars are only..really...truly marginal - eVen in their highest iteration.

I have a cts v sport - (this is my 3rd CTS in ten years) I have driven it over a year now - the car is an all around great car - but its tech is horrible actually detrimental as the auto brake function just randomly decides to do things on its own, the CUE should be sent to pasture and for all of the turbo power/ light weight etc. etc., the car does not really come alive before 3200 RPM and then it is like a caffinated 3.6 NA engine. Only once in a while do the turbos make you sit up (I did comment a while back that the turbos lit up at 3,000 RPM and the car was on fire, but that has since changed on my car and the tranny is constantly fighting against the engine - I do not even push this car)

If performance is what you/me are looking for - wouldn't a WRX Sti or Cooper JCW be a better car - I mean these things are $70K plus and truly - I am no seeing it.

Better choives, less money - RIP

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^You start by saying how your V Sport is an all around great car and then go on to list everything that you don't like about it.
So which is it? An all around great car or a turd?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Mine certainly does not behave like that. Incredible torque available from idle on up.

My only complaint is the transmission is a bit slow to downshift - something I hear is fixed very well by the trifecta tune ...

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Did he just compare a V to a mini?
Yes, yes he did.

If performance is what you/me are looking for - wouldn't a WRX Sti or Cooper JCW be a better car - I mean these things are $70K plus and truly - I am no seeing it.
WRX too. Fingers must have gotten "busy" below his waist before he could type Civic SI R-type Mugen or whatever other import fanboi POC.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
His latest post was odd. If you read his prior posts it would appear he loves the VSport.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Well good to see you folks are discussing. Let me specify what I mean - meant.

The cts v sport is a great car - yes it is fast, yes it is luxurious (more so than any $60-$75K car) and yes it handles like a much lighter and smaller car (especially in sport or track modes). It is a fantastic drivers car - except for its integrated tech.

I will continue to say that it pulled a little better sub 3K RPM in the first 15K miles than it does now - it seems it wakes up at 3200-3500RPM and then goes with the power band and yes, the transmission does look for shifts that are sometimes contrary to the driving mode.

I may have a bad apple regarding the CUE and the advance braking systems, but the active brake will literally throw itself on when I am backing up as it "senses" variations of the angles of the road or that objects are too close when in fact they are not. I have discussed this with the dealer and they say it is probably normal as it is designed to prevent an unexpected impact. I find this to be annoying and ridiculous. That said, it is my understanding that all premium luxury/ sport vehicles are moving toward the "HAL 2001 let me decide for you" mode when it comes to tech, so perhaps moving forward, this is just the way it is going to be in cars. The CUE is slow to boot, sometimes get confused in multiple commands and frankly, I do not like iPads so why would I want my infotainment/nav/climate system to be like that?

That is the beginning and the end of my gripes - the car is otherwise great and put together extremely well.

However, the relationship to a smaller less luxurious sport style car was simple: Lots of bang for the buck - great handling, acceleration, braking and not as much high tech fluff that the luxe/sport world is demanding. Also, that comment was aimed more at the ATS than CTS - I merely was discussing a few of the shortcomings of my car.

If you can get with .4-.5 seconds of a 75K automobile and handle brake and corner as well as one for $30K less - it will beget a comparison. If not by me, then by someone at some car magazine...Lightning Lap anyone? (they did it with the $100K Jaguar XFR-S versus CTS V Sport at $59K and said they V Sport was 1/10th of a second slower and comparably effortless to the Jag around the track - so I am not too far off here) When these factors are taken into consideration, and GM seems slow as molasses to get these new Vs to the dealers - then yes - maybe one (I) may think on some level these cars are marginal in certain respects in relation to the overall sporting experience of driving when looking at less expensive tech invasive products that deliver excellent performance.

For the sake of a visual explanation - I have attached a picture of what I believe to be a very good combination of advance tech and visceral feel with respect to switchgear on a dashboard - many of you may say - "hey that does not look that different that the 2nd Gen CTS interior" - to which I would say - if they only slightly updated the tech and went way upscale on the materials like they have on the new CTS interior, the 2nd Gen CTS interior would still be class leading.

I still look forward to seeing the ATS V and driving it when it arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I simply disable the auto brake when I back out of my garage so I don't get the neck-jarring e-brake stops then re-enable it when I put it drive and go. Should I have to? No, but I don't think it's a big deal.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
I simply disable the auto brake when I back out of my garage so I don't get the neck-jarring e-brake stops then re-enable it when I put it drive and go. Should I have to? No, but I don't think it's a big deal.
How do you disable it easily?

I have the same problem, it picks up the door frame or trash can and engages. Annoying? A bit, but it's doing what it's supposed to.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
CTSVsport said:
How do you disable it easily? I have the same problem, it picks up the door frame or trash can and engages. Annoying? A bit, but it's doing what it's supposed to.
There are 3 buttons on the right of the CUE screen. I believe it's the middle one. Just press and viola! You've disabled it and should see a message that reads that auto brake is disabled.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
Well good to see you folks are discussing. Let me specify what I mean - meant.

The cts v sport is a great car - yes it is fast, yes it is luxurious (more so than any $60-$75K car) and yes it handles like a much lighter and smaller car (especially in sport or track modes). It is a fantastic drivers car - except for its integrated tech.

I will continue to say that it pulled a little better sub 3K RPM in the first 15K miles than it does now - it seems it wakes up at 3200-3500RPM and then goes with the power band and yes, the transmission does look for shifts that are sometimes contrary to the driving mode.

I may have a bad apple regarding the CUE and the advance braking systems, but the active brake will literally throw itself on when I am backing up as it "senses" variations of the angles of the road or that objects are too close when in fact they are not. I have discussed this with the dealer and they say it is probably normal as it is designed to prevent an unexpected impact. I find this to be annoying and ridiculous. That said, it is my understanding that all premium luxury/ sport vehicles are moving toward the "HAL 2001 let me decide for you" mode when it comes to tech, so perhaps moving forward, this is just the way it is going to be in cars. The CUE is slow to boot, sometimes get confused in multiple commands and frankly, I do not like iPads so why would I want my infotainment/nav/climate system to be like that?

That is the beginning and the end of my gripes - the car is otherwise great and put together extremely well.

However, the relationship to a smaller less luxurious sport style car was simple: Lots of bang for the buck - great handling, acceleration, braking and not as much high tech fluff that the luxe/sport world is demanding. Also, that comment was aimed more at the ATS than CTS - I merely was discussing a few of the shortcomings of my car.

If you can get with .4-.5 seconds of a 75K automobile and handle brake and corner as well as one for $30K less - it will beget a comparison. If not by me, then by someone at some car magazine...Lightning Lap anyone? (they did it with the $100K Jaguar XFR-S versus CTS V Sport at $59K and said they V Sport was 1/10th of a second slower and comparably effortless to the Jag around the track - so I am not too far off here) When these factors are taken into consideration, and GM seems slow as molasses to get these new Vs to the dealers - then yes - maybe one (I) may think on some level these cars are marginal in certain respects in relation to the overall sporting experience of driving when looking at less expensive tech invasive products that deliver excellent performance.

For the sake of a visual explanation - I have attached a picture of what I believe to be a very good combination of advance tech and visceral feel with respect to switchgear on a dashboard - many of you may say - "hey that does not look that different that the 2nd Gen CTS interior" - to which I would say - if they only slightly updated the tech and went way upscale on the materials like they have on the new CTS interior, the 2nd Gen CTS interior would still be class leading.

I still look forward to seeing the ATS V and driving it when it arrives.
Can't relate...

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
285 Posts
^ His two biggest complaints are low end torque and interior quality. Looks like he should have bought a Mercedes and it would take a lot of work to get a mini within a half second of a new V.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts