Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We have noticed that when we put the XT5 in Sport Mode, the AWD light turns on on the center console. Is this correct? I asked our dealer and they didn't know either way. When we put it in Sport Mode we get the flag icon light up on the dash, but can't really see if via the dash it's in AWD.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thank you for the reply. You're a man of many words :) So when you put the XT5 in Sport Mode, it is also in AWD? If yes, the Sport Mode and AWD seem a tad redundant. Though I do understand Sport Mode is make the XT5 shift at higher RPMS like a sports car.

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,177 Posts
If AWD is selected, it will remain selected when the XT5 is restarted. Sport Mode is AWD only for the present drive cycle and will revert to front-wheel drive on the next restart. Sport will also make suspension changes with the highest trim level. You do not indicate your trim level to help answer your questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If AWD is selected, it will remain selected when the XT5 is restarted. Sport Mode is AWD only for the present drive cycle and will revert to front-wheel drive on the next restart. Sport will also make suspension changes with the highest trim level. You do not indicate your trim level to help answer your questions.
Thanks. Trim level? It's not the highest level or the lowest. What does Sport Mode do for you me since I do not have the highest trim level like you mentioned? Do you work for a dealer?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,177 Posts
The Owners Manual has answers to your question:

Where the manual says suspension tuning, if equipped, it is referring to the trim level equipped with electronically controlled suspension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

We have noticed that when we put the XT5 in Sport Mode, the AWD light turns on on the center console. Is this correct? I asked our dealer and they didn't know either way. When we put it in Sport Mode we get the flag icon light up on the dash, but can't really see if via the dash it's in AWD.

Thanks
Yes, normal. Sports Mode does engage the rear deferential.

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,815 Posts
The Owners Manual has answers to your question:
View attachment 591652
Where the manual says suspension tuning, if equipped, it is referring to the trim level equipped with electronically controlled suspension.
Interesting that Sport Mode is not recommended for Snow or Wet conditions. it Pays to read the OM. Thanks Njacobsen for the post!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts