Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Does anyone have any insider GM info as to when the 2007 STS-V ended production and when the 2008 STS-V began being built?

Does anyone also know when the 2008 CTS production begins?

If I am not mistaken, the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant builds, the CTS, SRX, STS as well as the CTS-V (Not For 2008 Obviously) and STS-V so the production dates should be very close at this factory. I guess this means that for 2008, there will only be the STS-V and XLR-V, but the Lansing Grand River will only build the STS-V and the Bowling Green Assembly Plant will build the XLR-V. CTS-V returns Fall of 2008 as a 2009 model.

SG

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
I've seen 2008 CTS's on the road already around chicago, so it seems to me that they are already in production.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! That is fast then because we are only in June. We won't see them here in So Cal for at least another month or so by the time they get transported here from Michigan. I guess this means the previous gen CTS is dead and gone.

SG

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Next year releases are built in May and you will usually see them at dealerships in June. Previous year never dies :)

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Wait, there are 08 redesigned CTSs already on the road? Wow.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do we have final production numbers for 2007? I remember there were 1503 total 2006 STS-V's built.
Good question! How many 2007 STS-Vs were built? I am sure Scott at Superior can get us the numbers as soon as we get confirmation of when the 2007 STS-Vs ended production.

SG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts