Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get out of our GL350 lease a few mos early. We had 2 in a row, and the Mrs. likes the Escalade.

When can we order a 2016? (may want the new Green color)

Also, I qualify for a GM Supplier discount. Any chance to get additional savings over-and-beyond this discount?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Only way to get a bigger discount over supplier is with a GMS cert, but those are getting almost impossible to get unless you are a GM Employee. The problem is most dealers won't accept GMS codes on the quick selling new Escalades even if you have a GMS code.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
Only way to get a bigger discount over supplier is with a GMS cert, but those are getting almost impossible to get unless you are a GM Employee. The problem is most dealers won't accept GMS codes on the quick selling new Escalades even if you have a GMS code.
It depends on the dealer

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Very few dealers will accept GM Discounts (Employee or Supplier) on new cars when they are introduced.
Most dealers will wait about 3 months after introduction of new car or model and sometimes just a new years model.

If the cars are not selling well then they will start taking any sales.
If the cars are selling well they want to tack on surcharge if they can get away with it.

Anything to maximize profits.

My dealer is a small town dealer and he took my GM Retired Employee Discount.
But I still waited 8 months, even though I got my own allocation directly from GM after waiting 5 months.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Supplier is different than GMS. Difference is about $3,000.00 between Supplier and GMS. Supplier is a bit easier, but GMS is a different story.

When I finally got my Escalade at GMS back in November, the owner of the dealer initially refused to take it until the internet manager told the owner of the dealer that I had purchased 4 new Cadillacs from his store in a one year period of time. He said he wouldn't honor GMS for anyone else. Every other dealer I spoke with closer to me basically laughed when I asked for GMS on a new Escalade. Most dealers didn't have any in stock and a lot of them still can't get them or have any on their lots. At that time, dealers were marking up new Escalades by $5K to $10K and people were paying it.

I am glad that I was able to get GMS plus $1K additional off of my 2015i Premium. The discount was $10K which helped drop the lease payment a good chunk.

·
Registered
2010SRX sold)2012 Escalade(sold) 2015i Escalade
91 Posts
Mine came out to be around 7k plus the owner took an additional 1k off.......I was happy

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Premium
20 Posts
Just ordered my 2016 today with a GMS authorization no problem. I was told the dealer gets a set number of allotment for retail but any "named" orders were above and beyond that number.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV, Luxury, White Diamond & Shale
5 Posts
avspinball said:
Just ordered my 2016 today with a GMS authorization no problem. I was told the dealer gets a set number of allotment for retail but any "named" orders were above and beyond that number.
Good luck with that. If dealer has no allocation available, you will be sitting in 1100 status for a very long time on your order. I know from experience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts