Which Wheels Do You Think Look Better

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
What, no 22's?!!

Seriously, I am a sucker for the Crager S/S, always have been.
Just so period perfect. So simple, beautiful.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Both look great. Back in the day the Cragar's would be the aftermarket wheel of choice, but your Road Runner just looks right with the factory rally wheels IMO.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
You really can't go wrong either way. I like the factory wheels better though. If you were going up in diameter, the Cragars might be the better choice. But as it stands, I prefer the factory wheels.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I like the factory wheels better, .... maybe it is because I saw so many "junky" cars with those Cragar wheels back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8 responses but only 4 votes. C'mon guys, vote so the graph shows the results.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest......well....
492 Posts
Can I vote twice? When I commented the pics wasn't up(I was speaking in general of all the cragars and rallys) I still like both, but the tire selection also helps.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I had trouble posting the pics. They where too large and I had a hell of a time resizing them.
You can only vote once, but posting does not count so you should still be able to vote.

I'm REALLY on the fence. That's why I'm trying to get unbiased opinions.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
If the car is otherwise stock I'd stick with the factory wheels. If you are going for a little bit more 'hot-rod' put on the Cragar 5-spoke (but keep them factory wheels.

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
I'm with talismandave on this one, I was sold (the idea of) Cragar S/S's when I was at school (you wouldn't understand just how strange that would've been then & here) BUT now, if not going for that period look, I think I'd go for the Torqthrusts!

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
They both look good. If you tend to be a purist, stick with the factory wheels. It's still a bada$$ car!
I was at our Tulsa plant last year and saw a service cart with Cragar SS's. I had to do a double-take, I didn't know they came that small. I wanted to take a pic with my Blackberry but it's against company policy.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
The golf carts on my campus had them in college, EcSTSatic. lol

Eh. I don't like the Cragars. Played out. Stick with the stockers, but get some raised white letter tires or clean up those red lines so they show up better.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
I agree the cragars are played out, but there are some cars that they simply belong, this is one of those cars..JMHO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts