Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I don't know. I saw a white CTS with them too. Very nice looking wheel set.

They look very similar to the 18"s on the CTS-V, but are 5 lug instead of 6.
All said, I want them! :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DeVillish said:
arnt those an option on the CTS? the 17inch chrome wheels? They look alot like it.
No the 17inch is what I have now, the orange CTS has 18's.

Attachments

·
Registered
NONE
74 Posts
They look like 18" Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe wheels to me, although they would have a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HPCC said:
They look like 18" Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe wheels to me, although they would have a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern...
No way its Infiniti (they don't look cheap enough for that) closer to the V-series look.

I emailed a member of this board who posted a CTS pic with similar wheels. He says the Cadillac dealer installed them as an upgrade but the wheel brand was sanded.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Justin83NJ said:
They're made for Cadillac by MC2 Engineering. I called them to ask about pricing and they told me they are available through Cadillac dealers only. My dealership told me they are $3000 with tires. They come with with Falken Ziex tires.

Here's a link to the wheel on their website:
http://www.mc2ing.com/vauss.htm
Thanks, I will check them out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can negotiate down to $2350.

Justin83NJ said:
They're made for Cadillac by MC2 Engineering. I called them to ask about pricing and they told me they are available through Cadillac dealers only. My dealership told me they are $3000 with tires. They come with with Falken Ziex tires.

Here's a link to the wheel on their website:
http://www.mc2ing.com/vauss.htm

·
Registered
164 Posts
Negotiate down to $2350!!!!!! What!!!!! I can get 20s for $2400. If I am gonna sport chrome I would rather spend the $50 more and get the 20s, Although Im sure some may disagree with the large diameter wheel, but I'm also not looking to race anyone. :coolgleam

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Either way they are chrome and they are heavy......two thumbs way down
Good point about the chrome. V-Series wheels will probably hit the pipeline mid 2004.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
The problem with swapping for V-series rims are that they are 6 lug instead of 5 lug. To get them to mount up to a normal CTS is going to incur additional costs.

What is the weight difference between those 18s pictured above and the 17s on the sport CTS'? I really like the look of that particular set of wheels and if the weight isn't drastically different, I will really consider getting them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gothicaleigh said:
The problem with swapping for V-series rims are that they are 6 lug instead of 5 lug. To get them to mount up to a normal CTS is going to incur additional costs.

What is the weight difference between those 18s pictured above and the 17s on the sport CTS'? I really like the look of that particular set of wheels and if the weight isn't drastically different, I will really consider getting them.
My Bad and you are right about the lug configuration.

I really like those wheels and they come with the Caddy logo.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I understand what you're saying. I like my aftermarket parts to have that 'stock' look (if that makes sense...). Another set of wheels that may work are the 18s on the XLR... Does anyone know the spec details on those? Are they 5 lug? Would their dimensions make them protrude out from a CTS too far?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my wheels from MC2, had to go through the dealer (Paradise Cadillac). Received the wheels the next day and they are nice. Best of all my dealer sold them to me for $1825 plus tax.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts