Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know if the 08 CTS 17in wheels would fit on a 2007? I would love to get a set and see how it would look on my 07.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well thats why i asked!:thumbsup: I was looking on Cadillac.com and building a 2008 and the wheels are sweet. That car is beautiful. :gurl::gurl::gurl:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The 18" Wheel performance package on the '07 CTS had some good looking polished aluminum wheels, as well as the '07 CTS "Sport" (also included a grill and spoiler). I'm sure someone was dumb enough to take them off for some gangsta editions, so you could probably find some of those. They'd fit perfectly.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
The 18" Wheel performance package on the '07 CTS had some good looking polished aluminum wheels, as well as the '07 CTS "Sport" (also included a grill and spoiler). I'm sure someone was dumb enough to take them off for some gangsta editions, so you could probably find some of those. They'd fit perfectly.
Why does it have to be 'gangsta edition' ??

Its just a luxury package, thats all with nice wheels. Infact the same size wheels that are stock on a CTS-V.

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
In the Tony Show's mind anyone with 19's or above is a criminal (gangsta') There is a whole lot of Caddy owners who are on the wrong side of the law around here.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Oppps..I guess I was wrong. Red's the wheel expert.
You are knowledgeable too Robert, it was a surprise that they changed the bolt pattern to 5x120. I actually found it out two ways. I went personally to a local Cadillac dealership and measured the car myself, and then received information from one of our local wheel vendors who test fitted and measured the car.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
You are knowledgeable too Robert, it was a surprise that they changed the bolt pattern to 5x120. I actually found it out two ways. I went personally to a local Cadillac dealership and measured the car myself, and then received information from one of our local wheel vendors who test fitted and measured the car.
Red,
I find it strange that Detroit who trys hard to save a buck would make this change. Still 5 bolts? If 6 then use the CTS-V wheels.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Whoops. A few weeks ago, many of us were (almost) swearing at each other re the pattern. Dang, and I thought I knew it all.

I cannot believe that I am not as smart as I look.

Just cannot believe that.

Amazing.

What is happening to me?

The world is coming to an end.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Could not tell you the philosophy behind it, but I would suspect that in the future more GMs will be 5x120, at least in the Cadillac marque.
Do you absolutely know this for an "unshakeable fact"?

Cadillac wheel hubs have always used either the 5x115 or 6x115mm hubs since the very early 1990's

As Robert stated; going to a 120mm hub would be a complete departure for Cadillac.

While I know very little about the new 2008 CTS; I do know that some of the chassis components have been borrowed from the current STS giving the new CTS its wider chassis platform track.

That being said; I would have assumed that the new 2008 CTS would maintain it's current 5x115 hub bolt pattern; but yet have a higher hub offset of approximately 51mm (as does the STS) versus it's current offset of 45mm.

So again, when you state that the new 2008 CTS has a center hub bolt pattern of 5x120mm; you know that to be absolute fact?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
he said that his local wheel vendor test fitted and measured the car...

but then again, i've had wheel shops that said 22's wouldn't fit, but i'm not gonna get into that again...

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Do you absolutely know this for an "unshakeable fact"?

Cadillac wheel hubs have always used either the 5x115 or 6x115mm hubs since the very early 1990's

As Robert stated; going to a 120mm hub would be a complete departure for Cadillac.

While I know very little about the new 2008 CTS; I do know that some of the chassis components have been borrowed from the current STS giving the new CTS its wider chassis platform track.

That being said; I would have assumed that the new 2008 CTS would maintain it's current 5x115 hub bolt pattern; but yet have a higher hub offset of approximately 51mm (as does the STS) versus it's current offset of 45mm.

So again, when you state that the new 2008 CTS has a center hub bolt pattern of 5x120mm; you know that to be absolute fact?
I know this to be 100% fact. Besides the notification from TireCo. I personally physically measured the bolt pattern at a local dealership. So again yes I can tell you its 5x120.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
I know this to be 100% fact. Besides the notification from TireCo. I personally physically measured the bolt pattern at a local dealership. So again yes I can tell you its 5x120.
Well seeing as dealers will give you absolutely nothing in trade value for your custom 18 or 20" wheels when you trade in your vehicle; I would assume that allot of folks that are buying new 08 models and trading in 03-07 models will be removing there wheel rims for sale to the secondary market rather than giving them to the dealer.

So for anyone looking for 18 or 20 inch rims for there 03-07 CTS's should probably sit tight for awhile as I would forsee allot of these rims coming on the market fairly soon.

Finally....the currect CTS offset is 45mm for the 03-07 models. The new 08 CTS uses a wider track similiar to the current STS. That being said, is the new hub offset for the 08 CTS 51mm as well?

I imagine that it has to have a higher offset due to the wider track.

Let me know what it is if you know for absolute sure.

Thanks again for the valuable insight

1 - 20 of 22 Posts