Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 allante
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the bolt pattern on 91 Allante? Is it the same as the 16" CTS wheels? Would like to have a set of chrome CTS wheels if possible. Thanks DC

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Same bolt pattern and same hubbore.

5x115mm

70.3mm

So, yes in other words, CTS, STS, DTS wheels fit the Allante. For that matter so does every tire size. The Allante is basically the same fitments as the Cadillac Eldorado.

·
Registered
91 allante
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RedGalant2k1 now to go score some shiny wheels. Let see car jack, lug wrench and a dark secluded parking lot. Time to cruise. No just kidding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a whole world of 5 X 115 wheels out there that will fit our car. You just have to be careful that they also fit the hub. Our cars are both lug and hub centric. Mustang 17" wheels fit perfectly. A lot of other aftermarket wheels may have to be drilled out slightly to accomodate the hub.

·
Registered
93 Allante
78 Posts
There is a whole world of 5 X 115 wheels out there that will fit our car. You just have to be careful that they also fit the hub. Our cars are both lug and hub centric. Mustang 17" wheels fit perfectly. A lot of other aftermarket wheels may have to be drilled out slightly to accomodate the hub.
Be aware that bolt circle and hub bore aren't the only issues. You need to worry about backspacing/offset and whether the inside profile of the wheel actually clears the brake caliper.

I do have a question for someone with more experience in metric rims. The standard 4.5" bolt circle works out to 114.6mm, which is suspiciously close to 115mm. I assume one does NOT want to force 4.5" rims on a 115mm bolt circle and vice versa. Is the circle exactly 115mm or is this 114.6 rounded up?

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Be aware that bolt circle and hub bore aren't the only issues. You need to worry about backspacing/offset and whether the inside profile of the wheel actually clears the brake caliper.

I do have a question for someone with more experience in metric rims. The standard 4.5" bolt circle works out to 114.6mm, which is suspiciously close to 115mm. I assume one does NOT want to force 4.5" rims on a 115mm bolt circle and vice versa. Is the circle exactly 115mm or is this 114.6 rounded up?
114.3 and 115 wheels work on either vehicle as long as the hubbore is large enough for both. Which with most aftermarket wheels it will be. For the record most aftermarket wheels are designed with a 72.62mm hubbore. The hubbore is 70.30mm on GM passenger cars including the Allante.

·
Registered
'00 STS Crimson Pearl/Blk, 18" STS wheels,Strut Tower Brace
85 Posts
Same bolt pattern and same hubbore.

5x115mm

70.3mm

So, yes in other words, CTS, STS, DTS wheels fit the Allante. For that matter so does every tire size. The Allante is basically the same fitments as the Cadillac Eldorado.
That great. I was kinda looking into the 17" STS wheels on a 2000 STS. :banana: Thanks Mike

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
ok .. you got my attention ..

i got a spare set of new tires mounted on 15" pony wheels, '86 Mustang.

they fit?

·
Registered
1987 Cadillac Allante Hardtop
4 Posts
FYI I put 16" CTS rims on my 87 Allante. Checked offset and everything before I got them, or thought I checked everything. Now I can't put the small Cadillac symbol centercaps on the front wheels... Car looks good now, if you don't look closely at the front.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts