Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,949 Posts
Look like aftermarket stuff with rubber band tires. No wonder.

Look for your original tire size on the driver's door sticker and the original wheel options in www.wheelcollision.com. Maybe on the RPO list for your car's original GM build sheet - a $5 download from www.compnine.com.

· Registered
146 Posts
For economical tires try Kumho or Firestone. For better quality go with Continental. Low profile tires can be harsh so its best go with a brand that's more reputable, but ride quality can still be good. If you can wait till Black Friday, you'll save huge.

Good Luck.

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
Are those maguila wheels? They kinda look like them. They are notorious for being weak and bending if they are.

Also, having been a guy who went less than 40 aspect ratio on my tires, I agree with their comments.

I run falken FK 510 and I'm super happy with their performance, and the price. Fantastic all around tire if you don't need all seasons.

-Byron

· Registered
Magoo—2012 Cadillac CTS Luxury, Opulent Blue, plus many more, see signature.
526 Posts
They ride like crap what tires u running
Everything in that size (245/35R20) is going to ride rough. Every tire I see in that size is XL load rated, which means stiff sidewalls, and at 35 profile, not much sidewall to flex. Those who like "crisp" handling and quick turn in will love the handling and claim that the tires "let you feel every detail of the road."

Those with sensitive bottoms, backs, or with loose dentures will complain, "I feel every bump of the road and it's rattling my teeth loose."

If you're budget can stand Michellin Pilot Sport All Season 4s, go for those. They will give you great handling, with very crisp turn in, and very good road feel.

At a lower budget point, the General G-Max AS-05's are a good tire. They seem very comparable to the Continentals. Continental owns General Tires, and all Continentals labeled "Made in USA" are made in the General Tires plant in Indiana. I have those Generals in a much taller profile on Magoo, our 2012 CTS. Even with the tall sidewalls and the soft (FE1) suspension, I have pulled 1.2G cornering (1.1 lateral plus some acceleration). That compound grips well. Of course, I'm running 55 profile on 17 inch wheels, so my teeth don't rattle when I go over bumps or drive on poorly maintained gravel roads.

As always, YMMV.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything in that size (245/35R20) is going to ride rough. Every tire I see in that size is XL load rated, which means stiff sidewalls, and at 35 profile, not much sidewall to flex. Those who like "crisp" handling and quick turn in will love the handling and claim that the tires "let you feel every detail of the road."

Those with sensitive bottoms, backs, or with loose dentures will complain, "I feel every bump of the road and it's rattling my teeth loose."

If you're budget can stand Michellin Pilot Sport All Season 4s, go for those. They will give you great handling, with very crisp turn in, and very good road feel.

At a lower budget point, the General G-Max AS-05's are a good tire. They seem very comparable to the Continentals. Continental owns General Tires, and all Continentals labeled "Made in USA" are made in the General Tires plant in Indiana. I have those Generals in a much taller profile on Magoo, our 2012 CTS. Even with the tall sidewalls and the soft (FE1) suspension, I have pulled 1.2G cornering (1.1 lateral plus some acceleration). That compound grips well. Of course, I'm running 55 profile on 17 inch wheels, so my teeth don't rattle when I go over bumps or drive on poorly maintained gravel roads.

As always, YMMV.
Running 245 45 20 rear tires now.much better ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.