Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v gen 1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just messing round on the net when i saw that OEWheelsLLC.com has the c7zo6 replica wheels for sale now, big fan of them and was wondering if anyone knew if they would fit my gen 1 V, I know id have to do the 5 lug swap and all but i plan on doing that eventually anyway to open up the possibilities of wheels. whats the normal backspacing of our cars?

Heres the wheels im talking about, or maybe black ones

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Corvette_4/18-Fits-Chevrolet-C7-Z06-Wheels-PVD-Chrome-18x10-5-17x9-5-SET#.VOgtLKb8tHY

·
Registered
cts-v gen 1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i think those would look pretty darn good on the V. they also come in black and gun metal. thanks for the info, still a little fuzzy tho lol

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
34 Posts
The rear wheel at 18" by 10.5" is going to be close in my opinion, but may fit. The specs posted are: 56 mm offset and 7.95 back spacing. My experience is from what I bought, a set of OZ Alleggerita, black painted, that fit a 2007 C6 coupe with the rears at 18” by 11”, 75 mm offset and an 8.94” backspace. These hit the sway bar and shock on the rear of my ’04 with a 3/8” (9.52 mm) spacer installed. I am having them narrowed 1” and I may still need to clearance the frame on the front side of the knuckle. I’ll find out when I get the wheels back, which should be, next week. Around the 22nd of May. The front set I bought are 18" by 8.5", 53 mm offset and a 6.85" backspace. I needed to add a 0.5” spacer and longer studs so the tire and rim don’t contact the shock absorber and that was it.

When installing the 2004 Corvette 5 lug hubs on my V to get me a 5-4.75" bolt pattern, I learned the hard way that the area where the ABS sensor is located on the hub will need to be clearance. If not this section of the hub gets crushed and the sensors won’t work. This was not a problem for the rear hubs.

When I looked at the OE Wheels site they show the front wheel to be 17” in diameter and that will not clear the brakes. If you go with the 19” and 18” staggered set you might be ok.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When installing the 2004 Corvette 5 lug hubs on my V to get me a 5-4.75" bolt pattern, I learned the hard way that the area where the ABS sensor is located on the hub will need to be clearance. If not this section of the hub gets crushed and the sensors won’t work. This was not a problem for the rear hubs.
FYI you can remove the ABS Sensor dust cap and clock it to the right position. The "HUMP" needs to be centered in the middle of any of the two mounting bolt holes.. Hope this makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts