Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Steering wheel vibration

Ok i have a 05 cts little over 5k miles on it, took it in to the dealer and they said they would rotate my tires for free, well need less to say now when i approach 50+ mph i get a weird vibration from my steering wheel, One would think maybe it just needed the wheels to be balanced. well wrong, i havehad it balanced and looked at again to make sure it was balanced. anyone else get this? I am stuck. Also i am getting a clicking sound from my sunroof evertime i open it, well I am going to try a different dealer tomarrow. I also have a loss of power feel on the highway too.
I really dont think this car is going to last too long.

·
Registered
130 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Time to move on JET. You're history here.
Let him stay. He's good for amusement. Who else that hates the quality of his CTS, would go out an buy a Pontiac that shares a similar engine, rear end, and trans, as a CTS V? ;) It's only a matter of time before starts whining about it too.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
just lou said:
Who else that hates the quality of his CTS, would go out an buy a Pontiac...
My thoughts exactly! :banghead:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
It sounds like the problem surfaced after the dealer rotated your tires. They had to do something to cause it I would think. I wonder if it was a tire defect that didn't show up on the rear but when moved to the front was more noticeable. Switch them back and see if it gets better.

Careful what you say about JET. He got another thread shut down.:bomb:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: Steering wheel vibration

Kgomoll said:
Ok i have a 05 cts little over 5k miles on it, took it in to the dealer and they said they would rotate my tires for free, well need less to say now when i approach 50+ mph i get a weird vibration from my steering wheel, One would think maybe it just needed the wheels to be balanced. well wrong, i havehad it balanced and looked at again to make sure it was balanced. anyone else get this? I am stuck. Also i am getting a clicking sound from my sunroof evertime i open it, well I am going to try a different dealer tomarrow. I also have a loss of power feel on the highway too.
I really dont think this car is going to last too long.
Wheel vibration is commonly reported occurrence with the CTS, especially with the Sport Package when your wheels are out of balance. The CTS steering provides more feedback of the road and results is sensitivity to road and tire issues.
Detailed info here: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pwrsteer.html

I have had this off and on and usually clears with a good tire balance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts