Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am planning on trading one of my rashed up stockers for a sandblasted stocker to use as a track wheel. Will there be a problem weight wise if I have 3 stockers with factory paint AND spray paint and one wheel with no factory paint and spray paint? Do you think this difference in weight will cause any problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
i wouldnt think so you are talkin about a matter of ounces paint doesnt weigh enough to mess you up, but i'm no expert

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I thought you were actually lookin for suggestion for light wheels...

You are lookin are a max of about 100grams weight difference...Just skip one of the lugnuts on the other wheels and you will be balanced...

I bought Ti lug nuts for a STEAL and took 2lb off my car weight...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I thought you were actually lookin for suggestion for light wheels...

You are lookin are a max of about 100grams weight difference...Just skip one of the lugnuts on the other wheels and you will be balanced...

I bought Ti lug nuts for a STEAL and took 2lb off my car weight...
I p00p before I race. BAM! We're even...

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
:histeric: that was some witty shiznit jim!!

I mean seriously naf...2#'s rotational mass savings? did you select your type of tires by weight? cause you could shave about 5# off if you shave half the tread off new tires...

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys, it isn't going to end up mattering. I decided to use the wheels I had. I was just worried about one of them because it had a small notch on the outside of the rim but it isn't even close to all the way through or even in a place where it will matter as far as holding air or structural rigidity. After this track day next weekend I will refinish them and paint them. Here is a picture of the wheel in question:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I can never tell if its sarchasm with you Jimbo...
that divet isn't a big deal, I would just clean the edge of it a little (part next to the tire)

It must have hit something pretty good so if anything I would make sure the rim is true....

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that divet isn't a big deal, I would just clean the edge of it a little (part next to the tire)

It must have hit something pretty good so if anything I would make sure the rim is true....
The rim is straight, and it took very little weight to balance. I have plans to fill in the notch and all the curb rash on all 4 wheels and paint them gold/bronze.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
The rim is straight, and it took very little weight to balance. I have plans to fill in the notch and all the curb rash on all 4 wheels and paint them gold/bronze.
paint or powdercoat?

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
paint or powdercoat?
Paint...I don't think that there is any kind of body filler/wheel repair compound that powdercoat will adhere to. I guess I could get out the aluminum wire for my Mig and fill in that notch and grind it down...but I would rather just use some body filler and spray paint. These are just track rims..don't need to look pretty.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ah, i think you will need more then one time to catch up to my total weight loss. Bam away, by all means... :p (please do not take ths literally, this is all in fun and joke...If you took this as an insult or seriously i apologize)

:histeric: that was some witty shiznit jim!!

I mean seriously naf...2#'s rotational mass savings? did you select your type of tires by weight? cause you could shave about 5# off if you shave half the tread off new tires...
Oh i am with you. I have HRE C22 wheels which are 18x8.5 and 18x9.5, with Toyo R888 tires, Yes i went with the size that yielded me the best weight loss to traction. I am not shavin the tires for the heat will do that for me for free and it will give me a nice smooth finish...there are no shops here that would do that...

I am serious about the weight loss all over the car...I removed the engine cover and will only use it for show, it hides the ugly wirin, more points...I will search for the XM receiver and yank it out very soon...I also went with the specter Penske shocks and H&R springs. May need a spacer in the rear to perch her up a little, but i have a machine shop so no worries...:sneaky:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Ah, i think you will need more then one time to catch up to my total weight loss. Bam away, by all means... :p (please do not take ths literally, this is all in fun and joke...If you took this as an insult or seriously i apologize)
"Are you kidding? I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts