Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Straight forward question: should I put my 2014 cts base sedan on Toyo Proxes 4 plus, even though the load rating is slightly lower than suggested?

The back story:
So being the fool that I am, I wanted to save some money buy shopping online. I went through Extreme Customs, and it was the worst experience ever. 10/10 highly recommend you NEVER buy from them. Long story short they have shipped me 3 packages, all of which will not work on my car. Finally the last failure is with the load rating. Apparently the tires they sold me are rated at 92, and the car needs 95 (I think that's what Discount tire said when they refused to install them). I called another shop, they said they would put them on, and now I am wondering if that is safe to do? Anyone with some info would be greatly appreciated.

Car: 2014 CTS AWD base sedan
Wheels: Vision boost 20 x 9 x 35mm offset
Tires: Toyo proxes 4 plus (255/30/20)

Thanks!

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,468 Posts
Man just mount them puppies on. Ratings are always + or negative for the consumer. Liked a tire speed rating. They don't want to be sued so there is plenty of room so they don't have to worry.. I do not deal with Discount tire. McDonalds of wheels. Back in the day you could sign a waver but not anymore. I go strictly to a back woods type wheel installer that puts tape on machine every wheel install. He knows his stuff without scratching or damage to your wheels. He services city people on their whips. To me that load rating isn't enough to worry. People stretch tires and they are against that. I have stretched on the back of my vsport and don't have problems. If you like the wheels put em on. I do like to have speed rating right though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts