Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Brougham VIN Y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Brougham D'Elegance and am considering putting 22" wheels on it. I have found the specs for bolt pattern and that the factory wheels have a low offset, yet I can not find information on the hub bore. I have seen conflicting information that shows the hub bore to be 78.1 or 70.3. I could remove a wheel and measure it myself, but before I do I was hoping maybe someone already knows the size?

I'm not asking if 22"s would fit or rub, I would just like to know the hub bore size. Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
1988 Brougham VIN Y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm still looking at options and not in a huge rush for the larger wheels. I've only owned the vehicle since January this year and since I don't plan to drive the car during winter, I'm only just now starting to enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1988 Brougham VIN Y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone else on these forums gone bigger with their wheels? Anyone with 20" wheels, or even 22" wheels?

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
Damn...

I've had 20s on a couple 90s with no problems. Actually had to run some bigger tires at one point and still had no problem. I think the fronts touched the sway bar when I turned all the way but that was rare I needed to turn that sharp.

·
Registered
1988 Brougham VIN Y
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn...

I've had 20s on a couple 90s with no problems. Actually had to run some bigger tires at one point and still had no problem. I think the fronts touched the sway bar when I turned all the way but that was rare I needed to turn that sharp.
Okay cool, that's something I'll keep in mind. Like I said I'm just brainstorming to see what I could do in the future. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
two 1987 cadillac brougham (y-codes)
8 Posts
It's definitely to each his own with big wheels but I personally love how they fill a wheel well on these big cars. These are 26x9.5 with a 3" lift kit up front and the stock self leveling air ride in back. She busts U-turns like a champ too btw haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Not feeelin that particular wheel, but cool Caddy either way man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts