Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 22 inch chrome wheels are actually pitting on the inside. The exterior of the wheels are fine. My initial conversation with the Cadillac dealer is they will not replace wheels for interior pitting. I handwash my vehicle at least once a week and can see the pit through the spokes and it bothers me. Has anyone had their wheels replaced for interior pitting.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My 22 inch chrome wheels are actually pitting on the inside. The exterior of the wheels are fine. My initial conversation with the Cadillac dealer is they will not replace wheels for interior pitting. I handwash my vehicle at least once a week and can see the pit through the spokes and it bothers me. Has anyone had their wheels replaced for interior pitting.
I have had problems with both sets of 22's on my 2010's trucks, never had an issue with any of my (3) 2007's, or my 2008, or my 2009, and the 2011 seems ok. My one 10' as it was being backed off the car carrier you could see missing chrome, two of the wheels were real bad, and at the first wash you could see the other two wheels had issues. My second 10' as I was wetting the truck down to wash it for the first time (I don't let the dealership wash or detail any of my cars/trucks) you could see chrome being washed off by the hose, the dealership replaced all 8 wheels, now the point of my long story is my replacement wheels had the insides finished and they looked nothing like the stock wheel inner wheel barrel, they appear to be turned and plated on the inside, now my 2011 wheels look like all my other trucks and not like the replacement, this tells me they know there is a problem with the inside of the wheels failing. You may want to contact the 800 number to file a claim, with all this money GM has now to pay bonuses you may get a new set of wheels. :)

·
Registered
07 escalade
72 Posts
all 4 mine were replaced last year mainly interior pitting depends on the dealer were i purchased the truck they said no so i went to naperville cadillac and they didnt argue just order the rims no problems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts