Cadillac Owners Forum banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

· Registered
11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe
383 Posts
I'm not going to go into any long speach on how f***ed these rims were spec'd out. Bottom line is if you want to look cool and putt around like you got a 4cycl. Buy them. If you want to drive the way the car was designed then don't. I'm contiplating selling and going back to stock so I can drive the car prior. Yes I've done spacers and adjustments,still rubs(scratched up side walls look like chit) in hard corners, $250 a hoop and it gets old real fast.

· Registered
04 CTS-V
119 Posts
Thanks for the bottom line answer. That's what I was looking for. I've done that on other cars, cut up wheel wells and rolled fenders, trying to fit wheels/tires that were too big. I don't want the hassle with this one. Your car looks awesome, but I'd rather be able to drive it without worrying about rubbing or blowing out a tire.

Can you recommend a width/backspacing that works (other than stock)?

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
I'm not going to go into any long speach on how f***ed these rims were spec'd out. Bottom line is if you want to look cool and putt around like you got a 4cycl. Buy them. If you want to drive the way the car was designed then don't. I'm contiplating selling and going back to stock so I can drive the car prior. Yes I've done spacers and adjustments,still rubs(scratched up side walls look like chit) in hard corners, $250 a hoop and it gets old real fast.
For the sake of others reading this thread in the future, I think it's worth nothing that there are a number of other folks running the Forgestars who don't have all of these fitment issues. I'm not sure what the issue is - alignment and ride height, perhaps?

Linea Corse Venetos, "hyper silver", 19x8.5"/10", 245/40-19s up front, 275/35-19s in the rear. Car is lowered ~1-1.5" on KW coilovers.

Mille Miglia wheels, long discontinued. 18x8" +38mm (as I recall), stock suspension, stock tire size. These were on the car, with snow tires mounted :rolleyes:, when I bought it used in the summer of 2007.

GM Accessory wheels, same specs as stock (18x8.5" +42mm), stock suspension, stock tire size:

Rota Torques, "hyper black", same specs as stock (18x8.5" +42mm) with stock tire size, stock suspension:

Same wheels, lowered on the KW coilovers. Car was filthy after a track event (note the front wheels aren't as blingy as the rears due to all the brake dust):

· Banned
2,046 Posts
It's probably better if you sell them. We all tried, but apparently your bullheadedness can't be fixed. More info:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...lack-piano-black-gunmetal-5.html#post10500353

· Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,134 Posts
Agreed and they look way better in person!!!!

IMHO, Rand49er has the sexiest V with LC855s.

----------

And Lollygagger8 Forgestar wheels. Love em.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
Just got my V a week ago and love it. Previous owner put MHT Monotec T03 20" rims and I really dig them. Hope I don't dent em cuz I do not want to pay for a replacement!
Never heard of 'em before, but those look damn good! Any idea on the dimensions? Looks like the rears could use some wider tires; what tire sizes are on it now (front and rear)?

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, headers, Corsa exhaust, UUC short shifter
2 Posts
I'm actually going out of town for a few weeks but I'll get some more pics when I get back. I'm in Fayetteville, NC. AAIIIC, I'm in the Navy too. Rears are 285's, can't remember the fronts, probably 255's. They're some damn nice rims, forged 3 piece aluminum. And as for the hood, it came with the car as well. But I like the hood pins anyhow, so to each his own.

· Registered
V
40 Posts
I'm actually going out of town for a few weeks but I'll get some more pics when I get back. I'm in Fayetteville, NC. AAIIIC, I'm in the Navy too. Rears are 285's, can't remember the fronts, probably 255's. They're some damn nice rims, forged 3 piece aluminum and cost a grand each. Glad I didn't pay for em. And as for the hood, it came with the car as well. But I like the hood pins anyhow, so to each his own.
Nice wheels! I'm over in Goldsboro, I go to Fayetteville quite often to the track.

· Registered
2005 CTS-V
46 Posts
Bit the bullet and bought a set of Forgestar F-14's with some V12's on them. Will take awhile for Forgestar to get them made up but I can't wait to get them on my V.. Will post pics as soon as i have them on the ride

· Registered
2004 CTS V
5 Posts
hey man i dig your setup. My V is stock right now, but looking at doing something similar. I found some H&R springs for around $300 online...does that sound reasonable? Did you have a shop install them for you? How is the ride compared to stock?

Also, how do you like the Potenza's?

Thanks for any feedback!

CK

----------

----------

How do you like the ride with 20s? Any rubbing?

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
this is a sick setup...how much did all of this cost roughly?
hey man i dig your setup. My V is stock right now, but looking at doing something similar. I found some H&R springs for around $300 online...does that sound reasonable? Did you have a shop install them for you? How is the ride compared to stock?

Also, how do you like the Potenza's?

Thanks for any feedback!

CK
----------

How do you like the ride with 20s? Any rubbing?
If you don't click on "Reply With Quote" or "Multi-Quote This Message" then none of us know which of the previous 157 comments you're referring to.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.