Cadillac Owners Forum banner
121 - 140 of 162 Posts

· Registered
2005 Raven Black CTS-V
978 Posts

· 2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,517 Posts
Who did you have do your calipers Randy? I'm looking to get mine done
I bought those Brakemotive drilled/slotted rotors and pads, and while I had it all apart and on jackstands, I bought the G2 caliper paint on eBay and did them myself. 8th Day Creations has the V decals. Cleaning off the calipers was the biggest PITA, but even that wasn't too bad.

· Registered
2005 Raven Black CTS-V
978 Posts

· Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,602 Posts
Team Dynamics in Steel It Paint. My Hyper Silver track wheels were beat after 3 years. The darker color seems more modern IMHO.

· Registered
2005 Raven Black CTS-V
978 Posts
Team Dynamics in Steel It Paint. My Hyper Silver track wheels were beat after 3 years. The darker color seems more modern IMHO.
So the paint/finish on the TD wheels doesn't seem to last?

· Registered
05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE
1,602 Posts
The stock finish is actually very good. All the tire swaps every year had beat up the paint from the mounting machine

· Registered
04 CTS-V
119 Posts
Forgestar 19x9 & 19x10

I love the red CTS V with the gunmetal Forgestars. I'm thinking about buying some for mine (don't worry, I'm in AZ so I doubt we'll ever park next to each other).

Do you have any rubbing or fitment issues? My V is still at stock height, but I'd like to bring it down some (maybe .5 to 1.5 inches lower) in the near future, so I don't want to buy wheels that will have problems with lowering. Are you both running H&R springs with MM spacers? Any other mods required (trailing arms/control arms?, etc.)? Did you roll your fenders? Would you recommend these wheels?

· Registered
06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
183 Posts
Rubbing will be an issue if you don't deal with it. I'm sitting on KWs and had them at their lowest setting, both rears rubbed on the inside fender. Had to raise the rear. That being said I've got stiffer springs as per fuzzys recommendation that I will be installing tomorrow.

I should note that, even though I raised the rear, the springs are still soft enough that some bumps cause rub. And some spirited driving did cause one of my tires to grab a fender, pulled it a lil bit and sliced the tire all the way around. Luckily it didn't blow but it cost me a new tire. So new tire, stiffer springs and inside fender fix tomorrow. I'm hoping I can lower it back down a 1/4" or so in the rear.

Other than all that, effing love the wheels and having 10" in the back. I do notice the difference vs stock.

· Registered
04 CTS-V
119 Posts
Rubbing will be an issue if you don't deal with it. I'm sitting on KWs and had them at their lowest setting, both rears rubbed on the inside fender. Had to raise the rear. That being said I've got stiffer springs as per fuzzys recommendation that I will be installing tomorrow.

I should note that, even though I raised the rear, the springs are still soft enough that some bumps cause rub. And some spirited driving did cause one of my tires to grab a fender, pulled it a lil bit and sliced the tire all the way around. Luckily it didn't blow but it cost me a new tire. So new tire, stiffer springs and inside fender fix tomorrow. I'm hoping I can lower it back down a 1/4" or so in the rear.

Other than all that, effing love the wheels and having 10" in the back. I do notice the difference vs stock.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any rubbing in front? It looks like you're pretty low... do you have any idea how much lower than stock you are?

I'll pose the question to everyone else with the Forgestar F14 wheels, too. Any rubbing at stock height or slightly (1" or so) lowered?

121 - 140 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.