Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get tires today on the car I bought last week and I find out that one of the wheels is warped. Can this be repaired w/out buying another one? The dealership says it can.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Check the suspension components too. An impact hard enough to bend a CTS-V wheel would be severe enough to affect adjacent suspension components.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
What the hell is up w/ these wheels?
I bought mine and it had a bad wheel on it, too.. I took the dealership and about 15mins on trying to balance the wheel, it finally did, so they wouldn't replace it..
I would personally just buy a new wheel.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I do not view bent wheels as CTS-V issue. I have encountered bent wheels on a number of different vehicles, both domestic and foreign as well as both alloy and steel. I have always blamed it undermaintained roads and deep pot holes.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I also bought another wheel to replace my bent wheel.. Guess what? It was bent, too..
Okay. I think our wheels are imported (Italy if I recall correctly), so we have an issue related to how the things are packaged and handled during shipping.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Just depends.. You could find one for probably $300 shipped.. I would try to find one that is factory and that is true and straight.. I wouldn't want a reconditioned just due to the fact that you'll really never know how "reconditioned" it is!

I just got a hell of a deal on a whole set of chrome V wheels w/ tires and TSP for $1050 shipped.. So spending $300 on just one wheel seemed stupid to me..

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Hehe, yeah.. It'll be noticable if you have a problem w/ the wheels being bent.. You'll be able to feel it! :D

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
If it's only bent on the inside (weakest part of wheel), that can be repaired easily.
If the center is bent no shop will fix it and will advise you to replace it.

If it was bad enough to shake the car then I suspect the damage is very severe.
Stock V wheels are very strong so your car must have hit a really bad pot-hole or went up a curb.

Lots of people are selling stockers but finding one w/o curb rash is difficult.
I agree, dont buy a reconditioned wheel as you have no idea how bad the original dammage was.
That thing could have been bent to hell and full of stress fractures.
Also the finish on reconditioned wheels is usually very lumpy and poor.
(Don't ask me how I know that)

A real good way to go is to buy the GM Alloys from Lindsay and sell 2 of your stockers and keep one for a spare.

If you like the stockers then score a good deal on a clean set of 4 stockers.
Keep the best 5 out of the 7 (so you have a spare) and sell the extras.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts