Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so after years of research, or what feels like years, I have found wheels in almost the style I wanted with the correct 5/115 bolt pattern, the correct 17x7.5 width BUT the offset is wrong.

I know there's a tolerance for this thought. The factory offset is +40 mm. These wheels, as far as we know come in +36mm. So the wheel will sit outward 4mm more than it does now. The conversion is .157 inches.

Now, the question is, do you think that will make a difference when I lower the car. It doesn't sound like much but I want to ask.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
It may rub the rear fender when lowered or when you have people in the back seat. I would recommend if possible to roll the lips of the rear fenders up just a bit to clear any issues of rubbing.

I'd gather you probably know what 'rolling the fenders' means.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Yeah my boy is a body man and is always trying to roll something. I'm not sure why but he likes it for some reason. I think Hitmoney said his rub once in a while with people in the back. I wonder what he got for offset. But he's got 20's also.

Hmmm Having said that I'll bet there's enough room.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
:stirpot: 4mm is a shade over 1/8".....3/32" or so. The wheels, bearings, and fenderwells will never know the difference. BUT...don't go crazy with wider section/tread/diameter tires. That's where most of the interference problems show up. Put a great set of directional arrowhead-tread tires in the OEM size on the new wheels and the rig will look most powerful........

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tires are not changing from stock. I have the Pirelli PZero Neros' in 235/55/17 . They'll be going on the new wheels.

Why is the little guy stirring the pot? Hmmm are you sure we'll be OK? Can anyone verify that the stock width IS in fact 7.5.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I think these are the ones. Anyone have comments on the choice of wheel.

Remember I'm going for the lowered tough look rather than the flashy Vogue look. They are definitely 2 different things and I love them both but I think the DTS, with less chrome, just naturally progresses in this direction.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, The DTS was 17" standard with an 18" option. I'm sure the width is the same though, or at least I hope so.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
The width is the same: 7.5". Went to Parks Tire, local Goodyear dealer, to snoop around. The tires used on the '98-'04 series Cadillac coupes were predominantly the Goodyear Eagle RS-A in a couple of different sizes, mostly H-rated. The (in my case) 235/55/17 was measured on the stock 7.5" rim width, but can be used from 6.5" to 8.5" with no ill effects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts