Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mechanic put coilovers on my 05 cts and I noticed that my rear wheel is going inward. What can be the problem?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,246 Posts
:confused: You're going to have to do a better job of explaining, since "my rear wheel is going inward" could be interpreted a few different ways. Do you have a camera?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAIIIC said:
:confused: You're going to have to do a better job of explaining, since "my rear wheel is going inward" could be interpreted a few different ways. Do you have a camera?
It is 2 am over here. So I won't be able to show you the actual wheel. But this is an example!

image-1564000789.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So an alignment will definitely fix it? Will I need to buy other parts?

----------

And how long should I wait to get an alignment? Just got it lowered yesterday

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
12 Posts
Depends on how low you set the coilovers. You shouldn't have to buy more parts if you keep the drop moderate. The stock suspension components can be adjusted in an alignment to correct the camber. Did your mechanic not recommend or even mention anything about the camber or alignment? In your original post you said "rear wheel" referring to one wheel, but am I safe to assume you meant all 4 wheels are showing similar camber? That should be the case assuming everything was installed and originally setup correctly.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
12 Posts
That shouldn't be the case. Is the ride height the same on all four corners? What coilovers did you have installed? You took this to an actual mechanic to install them and he didn't mention it? I'd take it somewhere for an alignment and have them tell you what the problem is. For $10 Firestone will do a "spring car care package" and just tell them to focus on your suspension components and they can tell you what, if anything, is worn and needs to be replaced. They, of course, do alignments as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front seems to be a bit higher than the back. But Ima change it so the back can be highly than the front. My back wheels also swerve a bit when I hit a bump.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,246 Posts
So an alignment will definitely fix it? Will I need to buy other parts?

And how long should I wait to get an alignment? Just got it lowered yesterday
You shouldn't wait at all. You should have been planning to get an alignment along with the coilover install. The fact that you weren't already aware of that makes me think you should have done a bit more homework on this modification before you went buying and installing parts.

Depends on how low you set the coilovers. You shouldn't have to buy more parts if you keep the drop moderate. The stock suspension components can be adjusted in an alignment to correct the camber. Did your mechanic not recommend or even mention anything about the camber or alignment? In your original post you said "rear wheel" referring to one wheel, but am I safe to assume you meant all 4 wheels are showing similar camber? That should be the case assuming everything was installed and originally setup correctly.
That shouldn't be the case. Is the ride height the same on all four corners? What coilovers did you have installed? You took this to an actual mechanic to install them and he didn't mention it? I'd take it somewhere for an alignment and have them tell you what the problem is. For $10 Firestone will do a "spring car care package" and just tell them to focus on your suspension components and they can tell you what, if anything, is worn and needs to be replaced. They, of course, do alignments as well.
^^^ All correct.

Front seems to be a bit higher than the back. But Ima change it so the back can be highly than the front. My back wheels also swerve a bit when I hit a bump.
:nono: You need to find a real, competent shop to look at the car and fix whatever the other "mechanic" did.

On level ground, what is the ride height at all 4 corners (measured from the center of the wheel straight up to the fender lip)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts