Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 1992 Sedan Deville
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if a set of wheels from a 2003 CTS, 16X7 would fit a 2005 Deville also 16X7. They are both 5 bolt and appear to be compatible. However, I get conflicting stories from a few local Tire dealers. A couple say no, the CTS is rear wheel drive and the Deville is FWD and each car has special wheels because of the drive configuration. A couple of the other dealers said there would be no problem. I don't know who to believe.
Does anyone here have any information that would be correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bud

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yes, they'll fit.

RWD vehicles do not use "special" rims, they just typically use a different offset (the distance between the face of the rim, and the hub mating surface) than FWD vehicles. In this case, they match.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Yep - here's part of a set of 2003 CTS clearcoat 17" wheels that are identical to the 2000 - 2003 Seville chrome wheels. Got them for $300, shipping (!) included..... They'll fit, too.

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 1992 Sedan Deville
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all. I was thinking they should fit, but was not quite sure. There are so many shops that employ people that do not really know the facts when they talk to customers. Most of them should not even be in the business. I have seen some of these "techs" that just start replacing parts till the problem is fixed.
I trust the information I find from this forum far more then any dealer or independent shop. At least here if some one makes a wrong statement, there will be plenty members here to correct it.

Thanks again for your help.

Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts