Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 Silver CTS AWD
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 05 CTS V and am interested in having the dealer do the wheel hop fix. They told me that the fix would stiffen up the ride somewhat and wanted to make sure I was okay with that. Can those of you who have had the dealer fix comment on whether the car seemed stiffer afterwards and is it unpleasant?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
For me only (as other members have different experiences), it made little difference, both in ride quality and amount of wheel-hop reduction.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i didn't feel a thing, no ride difference at all, DO IT GET IT DONE ASAP, along with kars kit and intake and ..........................

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
No change in ride quality. Little reduction in wheel hop. The bushing did eliminate the metallic clucking sound that occurred when wheels hopped.

GT

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do the bushings start to wear where they are seated? If so, does anyone believe that this can be cured by retorquing or do the bushings need to be replaced. Sorry if this seems uninformed, but I have never seen a pic of the bushing to show it's profile or a pic of the parts they interact with...

Also, some on the forum have the Spectur(spelling?) bushings. Have you noticed that their effectiveness is less over time as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts