Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 black/black CTS-V
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know Or Is Anyone Running Custom Rims With An Inch Or More Of Lip On The Outside Edge Of The Rim? I Would Like To Put 19x10 In The Rear And 19x9 In The Front. With The Staggered Look. Any Help Or Pictures Would Be Appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would stick with 8.5 in the front and stock offsets. With a 255 tire your clearance will be next to nothing.

For the rear with the stock trailing arms you can go 1" to the inside and 1/2 to the outside. But going the 1" to the inside does bring you close to suspension components. I have a 9.5 on the rear where 1/2 in and 1/2 out and it looks great. I have 285/40/18.

With the 19" that should give you more clearance from the trailing arms so you should be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1
292 Posts
cash said:
I would stick with 8.5 in the front and stock offsets. With a 255 tire your clearance will be next to nothing.

For the rear with the stock trailing arms you can go 1" to the inside and 1/2 to the outside. But going the 1" to the inside does bring you close to suspension components. I have a 9.5 on the rear where 1/2 in and 1/2 out and it looks great. I have 285/40/18.

With the 19" that should give you more clearance from the trailing arms so you should be fine.

I just joined the CCW/Toyo group. 19x8.5 fronts and 19x10 rears. Picked them up last night and hopefully will mount them tomorrow morning when I get home. The pictures don't do these wheels justice. I was amazed at how well machined they are. Do you guys use the TPM with your new wheels? I ordered them with the TPM's just as a safety reminder. :D

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
blown black caddy said:
I just joined the CCW/Toyo group. 19x8.5 fronts and 19x10 rears. Picked them up last night and hopefully will mount them tomorrow morning when I get home. The pictures don't do these wheels justice. I was amazed at how well machined they are. Do you guys use the TPM with your new wheels? I ordered them with the TPM's just as a safety reminder. :D
CONGRATS!!! You'll be happy! Yes, I am using TPM's and I know many others with these wheels are as well.

·
Registered
2005 black/black CTS-V
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ajedwardsjr, wtf is your smart comment about writingment, go f yourself, if any one can help seriously, i'm asking if anyone knows if 1 inch of lip to the outside edge of the rim would cause any real problems? has anyone done this? i think the larger lip on the outside of the rim looks great. iv'e heard of 1/2 incnh but thats it. any help would be appreciated. i've also decided on dcr 3 piece 20 inch 20x9 and 20x10. jay west santa rosa ca 31 yrs, blk 05 v

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
JAY WEST said:
ajedwardsjr, wtf is your smart comment about writingment, go f yourself, if any one can help seriously, i'm asking if anyone knows if 1 inch of lip to the outside edge of the rim would cause any real problems? has anyone done this? i think the larger lip on the outside of the rim looks great. iv'e heard of 1/2 incnh but thats it. any help would be appreciated. i've also decided on dcr 3 piece 20 inch 20x9 and 20x10. jay west santa rosa ca 31 yrs, blk 05 v
The CCW rears have about a 1" lip as do the fronts I think. The problem is that with a 10" wheel you are even with the fender so lowering is out. Also, post 2004 cars do not have a rolled inner fender lip. THis causes slicing the baloneys... ask staxxin.

·
Registered
2005 black/black CTS-V
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks For The Pic.'s Staxxin That Is A Big Help And They Look Good On The Car.

·
Registered
2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V
344 Posts
I had to roll my fenders to fit 19x10's on my V that is lowered on Eibachs. I even went with a 275/35. Before rolling, I sliced the piss out of my rubber.

Since then, I've had an unfortunate meeting with a curb, but some good came of the ordeal as now my rear fenders have been pulled out about 2" or so. I should be getting my new wheel in the next month or two, so I'll post some pics up then.

I think my rear lip is about 2.5 or 3" at best. I have about 1" available toward the inside and now with my flares, I may be able to tuck another 1" of rim the other way, too.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
JAY WEST said:
The following picture is of a CTS i put 20" wheels on that have a minimum of a 2" lip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts