Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the stock chrome wheels on my 03 ext. I was getting a rubbing type noise and found the coating from the inside of the wheels was flaking off and rubbing on the brake caliper. So I pulled a bunch of it off and the noise is gone. So would I have to recoat these things, or are the just fine the way they are with the coating peeled off?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
You can find replacements for near nothing used online....that is odd the chrome on the stock ones is coming off.They are known for being very durable but it does happen...aftermarket chrome is crap 90% of the time.

·
Registered
2003 Diamond White ESV
287 Posts
So I have the stock chrome wheels on my 03 ext. I was getting a rubbing type noise and found the coating from the inside of the wheels was flaking off and rubbing on the brake caliper. So I pulled a bunch of it off and the noise is gone. So would I have to recoat these things, or are the just fine the way they are with the coating peeled off?
Holy crap! The same exact thing happened to the stock 17's i just bought. I figure they came from up north. Just pulled as much off as i could and deburred all the edges so it wouldn't keep peeling. As long as the face doesn't peel, i don't care.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem on my stock wheels, I have a 2004. I guess there's nothing to do but keep peeling it all off.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Odd, I haven't noticed this problem on either my 2003 Escalade or the 2006 I have now. The 2003 came from New York, the 2006 is an all Florida car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts