Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD Export (ex Japan RHD) + 1998 DeVille d'Elegance (ex Japan LHD)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a clear picture of their wheel center cap remover tool. My car had all it's tools removed before I got it. If I can see what it is I can better figure what to replace it with.
Thanks

This wheel

·
Registered
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
722 Posts
There is a tang on end of the handle of the factory lug wrench that was designed to pry those caps off, but a thin screwdriver will do the job. s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
230 Posts
There is a tang on end of the handle of the factory lug wrench that was designed to pry those caps off, but a thin screwdriver will do the job. View attachment 590529
Sure, if you don't mind damaging them and making them ugly.

I got a removal tool off eBay, but there were no instructions and I can't figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD Export (ex Japan RHD) + 1998 DeVille d'Elegance (ex Japan LHD)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, if you don't mind damaging them and making them ugly.

I got a removal tool off eBay, but there were no instructions and I can't figure out how to use it.
I read somewhere else that a screw driver would probably damage it. Can you post a pic of your removal tool please.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
407 Posts
Once a clip on wheel weight has been used on the wheel it doesn't really matter what you use to remove the center cap.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,573 Posts
A small thin screwdriver should do the job with no more damage than the tool that JMF posted.

Another option would be to fabricate one out of something like an old butter knife. Grind and bent it to suit. The options and materials are endless.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
846 Posts
I have a drawer full of plastic pry tools for door panels and plastic trim. I still use a screwdriver to remove those center caps. They pop off very easily and I don't notice any damage at all. I love those wheels too by the way, same as mine.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
790 Posts
Get a thin flathead screwdriver and put a microfiber towel over it. Now you can use it and it won’t scratch a thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your suggestions. I got a paint can opener and that works well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts