Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheel bearing on the front right of my 94 STS is sqealing. I went to try and change it but ran into a problem. The assembly that I pulled off my car does not match any parts places or the dealership. Everyone that I have seen has the wire coming out of the back of the assembly for the ABS speed sensor. But on my car, the plug attaches to a metal shroud that is held on by the three main star headed bolts that hold the main assembly on. Mine has no sensor wire on the assembly. The others have like a pressed on or molded on metal sleeve(usually colored like blue or red) that has the wire attached to it. When I pulled mine, the sleeve is not on it and you can see the gear looking teeth that generate the AC current against the magnetic metal plate behind the assembly. Can somebody give me an idea as to what I have here? Is this a bearing assembly from a 93 non-ABS model? A left over "mutt" part from a 93? All the 94 models had ABS standard but there is a listing for non-ABS for 89-93. Please help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts