Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , I just ordered my new wheels and tires today . I got the Kazera KZ-T 18'' with the Dunlop Direzza 225/45/18 tire from the tire rack . I am also going to keep the factory set for the winter . I was wondering if the car had to go to the dealer and be reprogrammed for the new tire and every winter when I put the factories back on . I also bought the V grill on ebay for short money and installed , it looks just like you guys said "GREAT" . Thanks ,Rich

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
Sweet but we need pics. No you don't have to take the car into the dealer everytime you change tires. You should take your car to a Goodyear or whatever is close by to get an alignment everytime you change rims.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
rich9426 said:
I thought you had enough of my questions. Rich
Not on this forum.....you'll always get an answer from someone!:yup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
86 Posts
I can understand a wheel alignment after lowering the car but is it really necessary to re-align after going to a bigger rim? I have 17" now but bought a set of 18" wheels and tires which I was going to install. Is the geometry changed that much? Will the tires wear uneven? :eek:
05CTS said:
Sweet but we need pics. No you don't have to take the car into the dealer everytime you change tires. You should take your car to a Goodyear or whatever is close by to get an alignment everytime you change rims.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that the tire profile changes with the rim size making the overall tire and wheel size the same as the original factories . Correct me if I am wrong . Rich
Mannyiac said:
I can understand a wheel alignment after lowering the car but is it really necessary to re-align after going to a bigger rim? I have 17" now but bought a set of 18" wheels and tires which I was going to install. Is the geometry changed that much? Will the tires wear uneven? :eek:

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
An time you alter the suspension, especially if you go to bigger rims, ou should get an alignment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts