Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm a little bored and started thinking.

Our STS's aren't getting any younger, we aren't getting any younger and eventually we need to put ourselves into the next vehicle. I hope to get a solid 130000 miles on mine which is about 3 more years for me. I currently have 45k miles.

Question is what will be your next car? What will have all the bells and whistles your STS currently has? What will have that look, that performance? What will give you that feeling of confidence? What has all wheel drive if you so want it or need it?

Is it the new CTS? ATS? The, ahem (clear throat), 200S? Lincoln, Ford, Jag?

I personally like the CTS-4 if I can afford one by then. I also like the Malibu but why won't Chevy make any AWD cars?

In 3 yrs I will be getting a new (to me) car. And I know that my next car is currently on the road or at least on a dealer lot right now.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
Another STS, hopefully fully optioned v8 with awd. Probably an ATS or XTS after that.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Audi S7

It was a charger or 300c but for 2015 they deleted awd with the v8...

Maybe the CT6 when they release the twin turbo 4.5 v8...

Until then my STS is paid. No problems and only 53k miles. Between it my Camaro and Grand Cherokee it'll be around for a long time.

·
Registered
2005 STS 1SG
322 Posts
I'm @ 140k miles now, hoping to get quite a bit more, no issues as of yet.

I'm always looking for what's next. The STS is my daily driver and I currently do about 12k a year, I'm a firm believer of buy something you like and drive it to the moon (which I have under 100k miles left!).

I'd like a Tesla Model S. When I bought the STS I figured it might be the last V8 I ever buy and I figured it was a limited opportunity to enjoy one (and I have totally enjoyed it) but surprise surprise, things haven't progressed as quickly as they probably should have. The model S P85D is supercar fast for 100k, acceptable range, and green. I feel like these will last forever too, of course that has yet to be seen. Probably hard to get one, probably a bit out of my range, but you never know. Wish they could make more of them.

Others are a Focus RS, because it's going to be awesome, but probably hard to get too. The ST isn't bad though. I do very much miss having a manual, but going from a V8 RWD to a 4 turbo FWD is going to be harsh, I know (RS will be AWD at least, I think).

Also looking closely at the Taurus SHO, it's quick and what can I say, Ford is cranking out some decent cars.

I might go wild and pick up a used Maserati Quattroporte, I figure it will be a pain to maintain but still, a Maserati.

This is the first time, to be honest, that I'm probably in the last few years of a car's useful life where I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it. Long live the STS.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
The SHO is a very, very, very fun car. Test drive one.

Karen and I have been through 11 Ford cars/trucks since 1983. Mustang, LTD, Taurus, F-150. Every one has been dead-nuts reliable and inexpensive to maintain. We are currently on our 5th F-150 (4X4 Super Cab - great truck). Karen's second daughter has had 4 Fords - all the same experience as ours.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
215 Posts
I think I'm going to go with something 4cyl and 6spd manual. I like the new Mazda 6's. That being said I think I'll have my STS for several more years. Only 100k on it now.

·
Registered
2010 STS 3.6 AWD 1SB Black Cherry
390 Posts
Cadillac should read this. The newer models hold no attraction. My 2010 has 46000 and i drove less than 6000 miles last year, so i have the car i love, low milage, and a long timline to select my next.
I might think retro, a late 60's Deville might be fun, perhaps anything but what Cadillac now has to offer. Stop with the race-cars, bring back some quality, class, and style.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I respectfully disagree whole-heartedly. They're taking steps in the right direction to keep up with their European competition. I have experienced all of the current lineup and man, have they progressed- ESPECIALLY with their quality, namely the interior. Everything is so much better than their last models. To me, Cadillac is finally making a statement again in the global market.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I respectfully disagree whole-heartedly. They're taking steps in the right direction to keep up with their European competition. I have experienced all of the current lineup and man, have they progressed- ESPECIALLY with their quality, namely the interior. Everything is so much better than their last models. To me, Cadillac is finally making a statement again in the global market.
I would say the 05-11 STS interior quality and overall appearance was a step back / down from the 98-04 Seville / 00-05 Deville. But the current gen CTS / ATS is much better. The XTS though I just can't shake that Impala feeling from the car.

But for a next car ... Not too sure ... I'd like a Vagon but I want AWD so then that means an Audi is the only choice probably S7 or similar. A tesla would really be something though. Just not sure how long those batteries will hold up. Sure the range is near 300 miles new but what about when it's 8 years old with 100k on it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think the XTS shares the current Impala platform. I took the XTS on a road trip and my only complaint were the seats. Sitting in them for a longer period of time, you can feel the metal support bars in the bottom cushion, like there isn't enough foam/padding. That was probably in 2013, not sure if they fixed that.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
Boat I agree with you they not only have compete with the Europeans but have to attract the youth to buy a Cadillac vs. European Luxury cars or even the Japanese luxury cars, but I am Cadillac Man For Life.

·
Registered
2005 STS
193 Posts
Its been a year m enjoying my Cady. But here in Kingdom spare part availability is very major issue.
So m gonna sale my Cady and looking for Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis with low mileage (comfort and reliability at low price)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts