Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:

What do you want for your next car? It doesn't have to be brand new.. Just what do you want? If it's not a Cadillac - WHY? :) I'd like to make a serious discussion out of this.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Well as some of you know my next car will be an '04 Lexus LS430. As to why I didnt buy a Cadillac? Currently Cadillac doesnt have a direct competitor to the LS. Hopefully in the future that will change, but for now I'm leaving the brand. Ther is no other luxury sedan right now that combines the exact things Im looking for into one car better than the LS does. Luxury, reliability, Resale value, electronic "gizmos".

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Two questions:

What do you want for your next car? It doesn't have to be brand new.. Just what do you want? If it's not a Cadillac - WHY? :) I'd like to make a serious discussion out of this.
My next car will have to be a 1996 or newer Eldorado. I will not take a black int. That is my only specs on color inside and out. As far as models go i would like to get the ETC.
When i bought my car (1992 Eldo) about 2 months ago i didn't know anything about that car. In owning it for awhile and this wonderful forum i realized that i only have the base model for the "newest" body style. I like the "newer" interiors a lot better than mine especially the info center. More options more power. A little sleaker looking. I am very happy with the Eldo's and now i want a newer one. I would like an sts or dts but i don't want 4 doors yet.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
If all goes to plan I'm looking at getting a Chrysler 300M. It has all the bells and whistle's I'm looking for and after looking around I can get a used one with next to no miles on it for the price of my Spec V

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
If all goes to plan I'm looking at getting a Chrysler 300M. It has all the bells and whistle's I'm looking for and after looking around I can get a used one with next to no miles on it for the price of my Spec V
Good choice on that one. Great cars. They are really quick

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
Good choice on that one. Great cars. They are really quick
Well i wouldn't say they are that quick. After doing a little bit of research on them the 1999 one's wre not fast at all. According to the website I saw this is the numbers that they put out.

Year Make & Model (0-60) (1/4 Mile)
1999 Chrysler 300M 7.9 16.0
1999 Chrysler 300M w/ Perf. Pkg. 7.7 15.9

So unless they added some more balls to them in the following years my Spec V should beat a 300M without too much of a hassle.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I believe I would get this exact car right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438252499

1975 Fleetwood Brougham. The ultimate car, 233" long, 500 cid.. hell yeah. I'd have to get a custom velour interior though, cloth just isn't good enough for my tastes now that I have velour in my 78. With all the money I save from buying a new car I can build up the 500 some and ... pay for gas lol.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'd like for my next car to me a Mercury Maruader. But since im a recent college grad and not making a whole lot of money, ill probably end up keeping the ETC for a while or buying something much cheaper.

If not that, id like to get an F-150.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've got my eye on the Pontiac Vibe / Toyota Matrix (they're the same car) as a daily driver. 36 mpg on the highway and they've got so much room in them. They're not racers for sure, but who am I racing? nobody.

Nissan Altimas are also pretty high on my list.

But since I just bought my CTS this past May, I'm not looking to replace it for a long while.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
I think that's the car Jay Leno just wrote an article about in PM. He's special ordered one and went to Germany to go for a test ride. Pretty damn impressive.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my list as it stands today, including prior deletions in red

1) 1995-96 Cadillac Fleetwood < 60,000 miles.

2) 1998-99 Cadillac DeVille < 40,000 miles.

3) 2001-02 Cadillac DeVille DHS < 45,000 miles.

4) 2001-02 Cadillac DeVille < 30,000 miles.

5) 2002+ Lincoln Town Car < 25,000 miles.

6) 2003+ Pontiac Bonneville

7) 2000-01 BMW 5-series < 50,000 miles.

8) 2001-02 Seville STS < 40,000 miles.

9) 2002-03 Acura 3.5 RL < 40,000 miles.

10) Do NOTHING and stick with my Prelude, which is in PERFECT condition with only 42,300 miles!

IF ANYONE has any suggestions for other cars I should consider that would sell <$30,000 I would be very interested to hear them, and why. (Chrysler, Mercedes, Ford, & Mercury need not apply.)

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
I wouldn't mind an Acura... I need a change and I want something new that won't depreciate very quickly. Thats why caddy isn't in the picture. I wouldn't mind a Pontiac GTO though. Reliability and depreciation drive me away from the Cadillac.:confused:
It would drive me away, too. That's why I'm only looking at 2002 and earlier. The biggest depreciation hit has already occurred.

Acuras are good cars. There's a new TL being unveiled next week. 270HP.

http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=tl

Resale value on Hondas and Acuras is, as Wes would say, "GOLDEN!"

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Elvis said:
It would drive me away, too. That's why I'm only looking at 2002 and earlier. The biggest depreciation hit has already occurred.

Acuras are good cars. There's a new TL being unveiled next week. 270HP.

http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=tl

Resale value on Hondas and Acuras is, as Wes would say, "GOLDEN!"
:histeric: I got other people sayin it too!!!!!! Thats.... you guessed it!!

My next car (which will most likely be in the VERY distant future) will probably be a 02 or 03 Q45 with the supercharger..... Obviously with the premium package...... GOLDEN!

Also high on the list is the XLR, and maybe a LS430...... I dont really like german cars, because whatever car I would get it would be there for the long haul, and I probably wouldnt have the money to do that.!!!!

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I actually took delivery of my "next" car last month. It's a new 2003 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Limited Edition. I bought it because it's the biggest (read: largest) car on the American roads, and I always buy the biigest, after being in a crash in 1974 that was a serious accident in which I walked away with a bleeding elbow. (Car was parent's Imperial LeBaron-1973). The Cadillac is definately smaller. The other reason is because my Caddy dealer retired and sold the land/dealership to a land developer who built (what else?) Condos. The next closest dealership (Cadillac) is over in the next county, about 25 miles away. Not convenient at all. The Lincoln dealer is 4.5 miles away and is rated the #1 Lincoln Dealer in America, winning the presidents award 7 years in a row with a CSI of 99.1 I believe.
So far, I am very, very impressed with this T.C. ~ but while I'll eventually sell it, I'll NEVER sell my 1993 Sixty Special....N-E-V-E-R ! !
(I also considered the Chrysler Concorde Limited, but it was much much smaller, and more road noise was transmitted to the interior.) I will never buy foreign, and being the Mercedes also owns Chrysler, that was another factor, for me.

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
I've always wanted a '97- Regal GS. A reliable sleeper, with a low resale value.

Or a Mark 7, if I can find one cheap and in good condition.

Why not a newer Caddy? I can't afford to maintain one, and I'm too stupid to do it myself :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts