Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite year Seville/Eldorado? What did or do you like about it? Oh Yeah.....You can have more than one. I have several and I will be talking about them all from time to time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the '76 eldo with the FI 500

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
When I was a kid, mom got a '79 eldorado, silver with sunroof. Beautiful car. Olds 350 kicked major butt. But dad totalled it--not his fault. She eventually replaced it with a burgundy '82 eldo. It had the HT4100 in it and needed TWO computer replacements. Great looking car, but it was a POS.

I also like the '67-'70 eldorados. I used to want a '77 or '78 with the 425 engine, but I think I'm over it now. Never was real crazy about the big convertible 500 ci. eldos, too much like Boss Hogg for my tastes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Myself I really like the '76 to'79 Seville and the '79 to'85 Eldorado. I always liked the low wide rear window on those cars. The Sevilles were also Cadillacs first effort at building a smaller car and by the standards of the day they weren't bad cars. I remember the day that my neighbor brought home his '79 Eldorado! I thought that was the best looking car that I had EVER seen! I waited till '85 to buy one and it was a dissapointment because of the P.O.S. HT4100 engine but on the other hand it was probably one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned.
I sold it to a friend of mine when I bought my '91 Seville and he still has it and LOVES it! I currently still drive my '91 Seville and am on the fence about a new car. If I buy a new car it will either be a DTS or STS but right now I still very much like the '91.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I must have a 1967-68 Eldorado

Hidden headlamps, split taillamps, sharp edges everywhere, long, low, and wide. And hidden headlamps.

I must have one. Black. Maybe white. Maybe... purple.

Did I mention the hidden headlamps?

.Jinx
2001 Corvette coupe

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
This is a hard question now! 76-79 Sevilles were the coolest! We just brought in a junk one, with lots of great parts, but they were built right!
I loved the 85 Eldo's, that had such style & class. But my '92 just takes the cake on them all!

Attachments

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I like the 92-97 Sevilles. I first saw the '92 STS in Motor Trend and really really wanted it. I was 13 at the time. Yes, I hit old age early. :)

Seriously, I always have been Cadillac crazy. On our little home PC network, I named my computer CADILLAC, I had a Cadillac key chain, I also had a Cadillac windbreaker.

As I've grown into driving age (24 now), I really like the sleekness of the 92-97 generation Seville. It's really slung low to the ground and stretches long. The car has a European taste to it, yet is distinctly American. I love the rear end of the car. The very horizontal theme on the back end really contrasts well to the 4 stainless exhaust tips peeking out from the bumper. The taillights look really sharp at night, and I love the LED light bar (CHMSL).

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) Well I have a picture when I was just an iter guy of me on the hood of my fathers 59 Cadi. Boy what a sweet car, as far a Seville goes the 79 in a rootbeer brown and spoke wheels, with the phat whitewalls man, what a ride. :cool: I remember seeing the Pontiac Bonevill SSI and thought it was sweet but I dont think it could compare to my 97STS. This car just makes people speachless when it is done up right. jadock is so right about the LED light in the rear I sure hope the 05 will have the same insted of the DTS look :boring:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts