Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
10.25 from my credit union, which is probably better than any credit card I've had before.

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
16.5% on my Capital One card. I can imagine I will probably be the highest out of everyone that posts. :(

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Nope Nicki, I win. Purchase rate for my card is 19.990% and cash advance rate is 21.990%. I have a simple student credit card from 5/3rd bank with a $500 limit. It is the only card I have ever had and it was a PITA to get. However, I never miss payments and always pay in full. The only reason I have the card is to start building some credit for later down the road and I only use it to pay for gas.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
^credit card companies actually hate it when you pay the card off in full every month. You actually get a better credit score when you leave a little bit of rollover.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
John, Nicki, I'd recommend you look into a credit union in your area where you might qualify for membership. Interest rates on credit cards and other loans for that matter tend to be lower. I've gotten amazing service from the local credit union I joined in February when I bought Sabrina.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
Last time I checked mine was 16%, but I pay it off in full most every month, occassionally leave a little on it to roll over so they don't cancel it. Recently I've been putting more on the debit card and using the credit card less though.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
18.24% APR on my Chase card. Doesn't matter because I pay it off every month. In two years I've had my limit raised from $200 to $2400.

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
No idea what my rates are. Pay in full every month.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^credit card companies actually hate it when you pay the card off in full every month. You actually get a better credit score when you leave a little bit of rollover.
You ought to see what happens to your credit score when you pay your bills before the statement comes out. It really bumfuzzles them when you pay a little extra and carry a balance on your accounts.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
9.9% with a $35 annual fee IIRC. I only use it to order things off the internet and keep the maximum available balance to $1000 so I can't get ripped off for more then a grand (if it happens). I've had this particular card for 15 years. I believe it's the first thing ever put onto my credit history.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
im probably in the worst situation on this forum. when i was younger, i screwed up my credit royally. as a result noone would extend credit to me (understandably). i finally found a credit card company who was willing to extend credit to me but it would cost me.
-$143 acceptance fee
-$7 a month fee (maintenance fee?)
-one time $3.95 internet access fee (not monthly, i paid it gladly, its so convenient)

there was an initial $200 credit limit, against which all of these charges were applied. So i basically had a $50 credit limit to start with, and owed the company $150 plus interest.

Interest: this applies if i am not late with a payment, which i have not been. if i am late purchases goes to 19.9 and cash advances goes to 24 or so. first is monthly second is yearly i guess...
Purchases 0.825 9.90
Cash Advances 1.658 19.90

although im sure im getting the shaft, i am hopefully building credit (i am also repairing credit [or trying] by paying off old debts). I didnt expect anything less. I only use it on times when i cant stretch my paycheck far enough, and even then only for gas and mcdoubles. my minimum payments are 25 and ive been paying 50, ive only had it for 4 months, have never gone over the limit nor been late on a payment. In 2 months (6 months after enrollment) i can apply for a credit limit increase but i think im gonna stick with $200

You ought to see what happens to your credit score when you pay your bills before the statement comes out. It really bumfuzzles them when you pay a little extra and carry a balance on your accounts.
I paid twice before the statement was even cut and carry a balance on my account. what happens? good? bad? please explain.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
also, after (right after) i got my card, there was a news report about cards like this. people would sign up for the card and use it, and go over the limit. they were blaming the company and saying they thought they had $200 credit.

perfect case of lack of personal responsibility. or ignorance. when i was on the phone signing up, the lady told me 200 times that all the fees would be on the card to start with. she told me my beginning credit limit would be 50, and to pay it down if i wanted more. furthermore when the paperwork and card arrived. it was plastered all over the paperwork. CURRENT AVAILABLE CREDIT: $50, CURRENT BALANCE: $150. PAYMENTS MAY INCREASE YOUR AVAILABLE CREDIT

people just choose to ignore certain things and then bitc and moan when it bites them in the butt (the way my credit ignorance did when i was younger. ZING!)

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Paying the balance off every month is fine. But as I understand it, carrying a balance over from month to month, avoiding late payments, and the length of time you do this, is how you build up your credit. The length of your credit history, and the way you make payments determines (at least in part) your credit score. The reason I keep this little Visa card I've had since I was 18 is because it's what makes my credit history 15 years old. If I cancel that card, I lose that "age" from my history and may lower my credit score.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,092 Posts
There maybe some truth to that Rolex. I've had my Visa card forever,. Well, 30 years anyway. Never wanted one until one day I wanted to rent a car out of town. Jesus, I damn near had to buy it. Anyway I just talked to my insurance agent about that. That is what they use to rate you. He said Erie Insurance uses a 1 -26 scoring. 1 being the best. He has a score of 13 and he has NEVER seen anyone better than 5. I had a 3. So the one card I have had forever may well play into that.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
LOL this is pretty funny. I was just looking at mine. Although I'm not going to post them on a public forum I will say I have you all beat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts