Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out how anyone could possibly think they are hard and uncomfortable.

I sat in one for 4 hours in one no problem. They do take some settings but that's the fun!

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe
200 Posts
I guess the same applies to how anyone could think a Vagon looks good <ducking lol>, M v A, colors... If everyone wanted the same thing, there wouldn't be options.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ricky Ricaro?

If he's good enough for Lucy....

:D

Haha no but I think iHate the iCorrect on my iPad!

----------

I guess the same applies to how anyone could think a Vagon looks good <ducking lol>, M v A, colors... If everyone wanted the same thing, there wouldn't be options.
Definitely not. One is factual, one is emotional :$ !

----------

Definitely not. One is factual, one is emotional :$ !

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's
345 Posts
I agree, I totally love the RECARO's These are by far the best automobile seats I have ever sat in and I'm 60 years old. FAR better than any Corvette seat I have owned, as well as Jaguars, BMW's, M/B and on and one.

Once I found the proper adjustments they just fit and hold me like a custom seat.

·
Registered
NONE
36 Posts
I had the same questions. I did sit in them for a while and was a little uncomfortable. That is until the salesman showed me how to do some adjusting on them. It wasn't perfect but was better. So, I can see where they may take some time getting them adjusted. Which makes have two settings available a VERY nice option. So when I finally get around to purchasing my V later this year the Recaros won't be a deciding factor.

·
Registered
2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"
1,290 Posts
It took me ~3 months of adjusting on and off before I got them just right, and that includes adjusting the steering wheel telescope and angle too. That's really the only downside of seats like this with 14 different ways of adjusting them, it takes some time to get everything just right. But when you do, it's worth it.

·
Registered
CTS-V BR Coupe
148 Posts
They hurt my lower back....
+1. For old guys with worn-out backs, the Recaros are like sitting on a concrete bench. It took me 10 seconds sitting on one to realize I couldn't live with them. Fortunately, the stock seats in my 2012 coupe are just about perfect.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Wagon white A-6
108 Posts
The day I picked up my car, I thought I had made a mistake in ordering the Recaros. I had a 30 mile ride home with the seats in close to a "standard" adjustment. It was killing me. It really bummed me out. So, the next day I went out to the car and started adjusting. It takes, for me, what looks like an absurd adjustment. The seat bottom is rotated backward aggressively. This gives the proper leg extension and position. Then, it was getting the back adjusted right. Then to the lumbar support, back to the back position, then to the bolsters. I sat and sat and sat and had to really think about how the seat was contacting my body and whether it was comfortable or not. Now, I'm really happy with it as it totally holds you in a comfortable position. I have lower back problems already and am overweight and I'd rather drive this than any of my other cars.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think part of the issue is posture in general. If you bad, lazy posture, and want to continue doing so while you drive, rather than sit upright, forward, with proper extension in the arms and legs, your back is going to hurt with any seat in any car. I really don't find them hard in general but as far as adjustment I use two settings:

1) Upright for in town and spirited driving. Clost to the steering wheel.
2) Lazy boy, tilted back and legs full extended for driving on the interstate.

The other nice thing about all the adjustments is, you can get a setting correct, and then just make a minor adjustment to switch positions slightly during a long trip.

In either case, you really need to be keeping your core tight and sit up properly rather than sag in the seats.

Maybe too many Caddy owners have long since lost sight of their lower regions because of lordorsis and distended abdominals from carrying too much weight, and sitting in a chair at work. Go to the gym!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think rave hit it on the head. With 15 adjustments I don't see how you can't get comfortable and if you have lower back issues go to the gym and fix it. When I first sat in it I wasn't crazy about it but, with a little patients, I made it the most comfortable car seat I ever sat in

·
Registered
'13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade
56 Posts
The seats take a looong time to break in. My drivers side seat at 5k miles is much more comfortable than the passenger side seat. Auto reviewers who only drive new cars don't know this.

·
Registered
CTS-V
54 Posts
I agree with TWD3. They do seem to be firm when they're new but once you get a few hours in them, they're great. I've had two V's, a 2010 sedan and I recently got a 2013 coupe. The seats in the 2013 seem to be a little less stiff when new than the 2010 seats were when they were new.

·
Registered
CTS-V
29 Posts
My car is about 3 weeks old now. My cooled seat is broken but that's been talked about. the seats have an infinite amount of adjustments where a person could definitely make them comfortable. I find them narrow a bit, and that can get annoying sometimes in the leg area. The seats on my S4 are easily much more accommodating. They have a wider base and more of a winged back which keeps your too half snug. Overall I don't love the recaro seats but I feel they are a necessary options because the regular seats don't convey the same sporty feel this car deserves.

·
Registered
'13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade
56 Posts
In my experience it's miles driven in the seat that causes break in, not how long you've owned the car. For me, the Recaro's started to get comfortable around 5k miles while the passenger seat is both still too hard and narrow. Once broken in and properly adjusted to the driver, including getting the thigh adjustment right, the seat should be all day comfortable provided your butt/lower back are pushed all the way back in the seat. No slouching! I actually did not like the seats when new but like them very much now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts