Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Ralph said:
Careful Kat, you might get "lectured" by the V boys for starting this thread...;)
http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56249
You like that?:halo:

I swear Ralph, I went to the track today just to be able to give the CTS-V guys a chance to impress me with their cars. I didn't tell them I was coming. I kept it very low-key. Instead I got to be the only Cadillac that hung out for the races (there was one CTS-V that showed up but he left pretty early) and got to hear them talking trash about the Cadillac guys that wimped-out.
But the up-side was I actually got to witness a run by a brand new 300 SRT-8. I was impressed! It ran a solid 12.9 ET and the car was bone-stock. I ran down and took a picture of the car in the pits just so nobody could claim the car wasn't stock. In my picture, you can plainly see that even the stock air filter was installed!!! The car is hot! No poser for sure. All the crap I've taken by those 'V' guys anytime I've mentioned the SRT-8 makes this SO GOOD!
I noticed there's been 50 or so viewings of my post and over 200 viewings of the post that I made in another thread and included the picture of the SRT-8, yet there are NO comments. Hmmm I wonder why.......:lildevil:

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
You like that?:halo:
I swear Ralph, I went to the track today just to be able to give the CTS-V guys a chance to impress me with their cars. I didn't tell them I was coming. I kept it very low-key. Instead I got to be the only Cadillac that hung out for the races (there was one CTS-V that showed up but he left pretty early) and got to hear them talking trash about the Cadillac guys that wimped-out.
But the up-side was I actually got to witness a run by a brand new 300 SRT-8. I was impressed! It ran a solid 12.9 ET and the car was bone-stock. I ran down and took a picture of the car in the pits just so nobody could claim the car wasn't stock. In my picture, you can plainly see that even the stock air filter was installed!!! The car is hot! No poser for sure. All the crap I've taken by those 'V' guys anytime I've mentioned the SRT-8 makes this SO GOOD!
I noticed there's been 50 or so viewings of my post and over 200 viewings of the post that I made in another thread and included the picture of the SRT-8, yet there are NO comments. Hmmm I wonder why.......:lildevil:
I noticed that too. They are a tight group. Sometimes I'll make a comment or try to reach out to them in the V thread (like today in the humerous "Post-Whoring" thread there) and it stops them cold for some reason?? Yet they should know me because I've posted a lot of CTS-V articles there from some of my favorite car sites and we have talked about them as well. It would be cool if they would be more friendly, etc. but they stick together.. A couple of them have wondered into the lounge lately but I also remember Vrocks and Stealth V going on my San Andreas thread and sharing some info. CTSVETTE is cool too. Overall some seemed insecure when news hit about the STS-V and it's 469 hp and that meant they won't be "top of the heap" anymore. I also noticed how they were making excuses to defend their own cars, for example....."the Cts-V is a car for mods because it has a Corvette engine and there are more parts available for it....." This is true I suppose but hard to argue against 469 hp.

I actually wonder if there will be ANY STOCK kept CTS-V's in the future other than brand new ones...

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I just got two negative feedbacks from the CTS-V guys and both comments were, "You don't even own a CTS-V so why are you even here". Sounds like they're mad because they chickened out and are giving me negative rep's for it :crying: <----I guess this is supposed to be me becaise they gave me negative rep

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I find it interesting that usually they are very vocal but in this situation, they have nothing to say. I mean how odd is it that the post has been viewed over 100 times yet nobody's made a comment about it. I feel like posting something like "cat got your tongue?".

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Well, finally some posts on the two threads.
I still can't believe the 'V' guys though. They make me want to strangle them!!!!!!!!
One of the first couple posts and they're already bashing the car and ME! They can be such children. They just don't get that by the SRT-8 upping the ante, it forces GM to also step up. Competition is what drives the market and in the performance cars, the OEMs have always been willing to spend more than the market share would dictate. The performance cars are the ego of the OEMs, and what brings a lot of buyers into the dealerships. Fortunately, lately they have also been big sellers so it's a win-win scenario for the OEMs.
The 'V' guys just don't realize they are part of a much bigger picture in the automotive industry, and if they play it right, they stand to reap big rewards in the form of even better performance cars in the showrooms. Instead, they'd rather toot their own horns and act like the 'V' is the best. A little LESS blind enthusiasm about their cars, and a little more pressure back on GM to make the car better would be a better way to go IMO. GM and other OEMs have proven my point over and over. If the OEM believes that a market is so loyal they will take anything that the factory puts out, you'll end up with lack luster product.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Ralph said:
Wow Kat. Look at what happened to your SRT-8 thread in the V forum, lol, the last time I looked it had one response, then last night it had 77 responses when I looked in!!!!
Turned into quite a circus. So "Crowan" has an alter ego....
Yeah, the guy's an ass. I've said it here in some other posts, how I'm impressed how the 'V' guys seem to be getting better but then along comes Crowan. The guy's obviously educated -his posts are usually well written- yet his attitude stinks and his arguments are lame.
Virtually every one of his posts make reference to whether someone owns a specific car -usually a CTS-V- yet when pressed about that point he says "it's not about what you own". Is the guy that stupid that he can't see that he talks in circles, or his plan just to infuriate his target?
If you look at most of his posts, they are only personal attacks and offer nothing positive to the discussion.
And on a slightly different topic, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that sees Urbanski as a crappy Mod. Can't say I recall having any "issues" with the guy but his dumb-ass posts in the SRT-8 threads were childish at best. Well below what I think a Mod should be doing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts