Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
It's always been that way, I've learned to live with it. I generally just stay away from their threads. I must admit though that in the CTS-V vs Audi S4 thread, I've actually seen a lot more objective comments from CTS-V owners than in the past. Maybe there's hope for them yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
airbalancer said:
Blackout is was reading in the CTV-V sub about how some like the forum,
and then you jump in being -ve.
They give you a bit of hard time and you come back with
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=484086&postcount=6
a little childish
I think it is like Katshot says just stay away from their threads
Katshot where your ragtop?
So by me not agreeing that the CTS-V is the end all that is being childish?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
No , he started talking about the forum, then it got cars.
Also sometimes you have let people have their dreams as they may have been married for 25 years, not getting any, all they do is sit at their laptop and surf the net, and do not have any hope felt except for the dreams of them in their picking babies!
Not that I would know anything about THAT.

Also I did not dock u any points because you have different point of view.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
airbalancer said:
Blackout is was reading in the CTV-V sub about how some like the forum,
and then you jump in being -ve.
They give you a bit of hard time and you come back with
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=484086&postcount=6
a little childish
I think it is like Katshot says just stay away from their threads
Katshot where your ragtop?
Like you said, I have my dreams. ;)
And yes, I told Blackout that he CAN be a little troll-ish at times. I think it's an AGE thing. ;)
 

·
Cadillac Maniac
Joined
·
13,753 Posts
Blackout, you were wrong for typing what you did in that thread and not expect to ruffle some feathers. I read that thread this morning and after reading the first post, I thought, "Wow. That was a pretty nice thing to say. I really appreciate this...". And then the next thing you see is you with your pissy comment that basically boiled down to, "Really? You think this place is nice? I guess you don't know what REALLY happens around here" or "Maybe you need to look a little harder".

I was very disappointed to read your comment basically shooting down somebody's "kudos" to the forum. And you're surprised it pissed people off? Get real...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Administrator said:
Blackout, you were wrong for typing what you did in that thread and not expect to ruffle some feathers. I read that thread this morning and after reading the first post, I thought, "Wow. That was a pretty nice thing to say. I really appreciate this...". And then the next thing you see is you with your pissy comment that basically boiled down to, "Really? You think this place is nice? I guess you don't know what REALLY happens around here" or "Maybe you need to look a little harder".

I was very disappointed to read your comment basically shooting down somebody's "kudos" to the forum. And you're surprised it pissed people off? Get real...
I wasn't having any problems over there until crowan got involved. Pretty much anything you say negative about the car you get flamed. Then they go on to start talking crap about my Mark VIII and calling it a pos, then they go onto saying that I shouldn't even bother saying anything since I don't own the car. That was got me pissed off and then after that I saw that someone made a thread about the forum and how every in the CTS-V section is so cool and yada, yada and then I made my comment. I'm not the only one who thinks negatively towards the CTS-V crowd. For some reason they think they are some sorta elite on here and you can't disagree with them
 

·
Cadillac Maniac
Joined
·
13,753 Posts
They're just trying to fight fire with fire when messing with your Mark VIII. Anyone with a Cadillac luxury sport likely wanted your car at some point in their lives. I'd be willing to bet that some of them owned one themselves..

Anyway. When I enter a room with a bunch of moody people, I don't try to clash with them. I just blend in. It always seems to work better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
I think the one thing that constantly amuzes me is how those kinds of guys can never be wrong. When one point about their car is generally superior to others on the market, it's touted as an important point but when that point is no longer superior to others on the market, it's suddenly a minor point. Case in point: The CTS-V's top speed. Many posts have been made touting the V's top speed as being superior to it's competition, if only by a couple mph. They still touted it as an example of the V's superiority. But now that another OEM has decided to take the gloves off when it comes to top speed (raise or remove the top speed limiter), it's suddenly not a "real world" issue or simply sinks from the scene all together.
And the thing I REALLY hate is when they dismiss you unless you actually OWN a CTS-V. Like professional testers around the world have no idea what they're talking about since they don't actually own the cars they test and comment on? Please, get real.
No, sorry. These guys are ego-maniacs. They say things like "you wish you could afford to buy a CTS-V", or "you're just jealous, you wish you had one". Like they feel owning that car makes them a "somebody". First of all, that could be true for some people but I assure you it's not true for all. My guess is, the guys that make comments like that, are guys that ONLY have a CTS-V and nothing else. Live at home with mommy, or in an apartment or something. The CTS-V is their one claim to fame. The guys that are more open-minded about their 'V' are most likely older, wiser, and the car is just one of many nice things in their lives. Follow THEM home and you'll probably find a nice size house and property, and most likely a couple other cars/trucks.
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
most of that is true Kev, except in this case Blackout just started railing on them about their cars before anything was even said
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
most of that is true Kev, except in this case Blackout just started railing on them about their cars before anything was even said
Actually I think Crowan started it in post #31 in that thread. He's the one that started in with the "personal" shots. It kinda went downhill from there.
I told Blackout he needs to chill on some of his posts but you know kids will be kids....
As for Crowan, I did try to point out that he was being personal and it didn't need to go that way but....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
I am some BMW forums on M3 owners are very much like CTS-V.
Very high and might they are.

Blackout sometimes you have let the skunks lie there in the middle of road and go around them
 

·
Watching the Watchers
Joined
·
5,959 Posts
blackout, there must be more to this than i see. Post 6, which is yours, is the first mention of cars. the posts before yours talk about the forum, then you go on about not bowing down blah blah blah. Im not defending what happend after, just stating that you attacked their cars before they said one word about it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brett said:
blackout, there must be more to this than i see. Post 6, which is yours, is the first mention of cars. the posts before yours talk about the forum, then you go on about not bowing down blah blah blah. Im not defending what happend after, just stating that you attacked their cars before they said one word about it
What are you talking about? My first post was number 21. If you look at the thread all the crap talking is done by crowan starting with his first post calling the hosts douche bags and then blew up on Katshot on post 31. So once again I would say to re-read it because my first post was one page 2 of the thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
airbalancer said:
I am some BMW forums on M3 owners are very much like CTS-V.
Very high and might they are.
Blackout sometimes you have let the skunks lie there in the middle of road and go around them
I know this is off topic but by any chance are you a member of SRTforums? Somebody over there has the same screen name as you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
blackout, there must be more to this than i see. Post 6, which is yours, is the first mention of cars. the posts before yours talk about the forum, then you go on about not bowing down blah blah blah. Im not defending what happend after, just stating that you attacked their cars before they said one word about it
Brett,
I think you're talking about a different thread. We're talking about the "Top Gear CTS-V vs Audi S4" thread. Blackout didn't join the thread until post 21 as he stated.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
7 Participants
Katshot
Top