Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTS-V is slightly over 4 years old / 36K miles, and it is starting to crank slower than normal in the cooler weather. I suspect that the original battery may be starting to go out. In looking at the battery markings through the trunk side-access hole, I found: AC Delco 48H7YR, Cat #8637, 660 CCA, 80 Ah capacity, 330 load test, GM#88864523, etc. In searching on-line for a direct replacement, I found out that this battery is discontinued ? (Figures - had similar experiences with Corvette batteries also!). I'm also having difficulty figuring out the actual specs for this battery. Also didn't see a vent tube, though haven't removed the battery yet.

I have a few questions: Is this battery an AGM or a lead-acid battery? Is there an new/updated AC-Delco direct replacement part number available for this battery? Do we still need to calibrate the electronic throttle control on the 2012's after replacing the battery, per the owners manual? Are there any other memory issues that need to be addressed also?

Would like to get an exact replacement due to the tight fit in the trunk wall, with no modifications. Probably need to replace soon, before I get stranded somewhere in a parking lot ..

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,623 Posts
There are cross references everywhere. Many times your dealer may have just as good of a price as installing your own, but check it out first before you go to your dealer. You do not need AGM. Be sure to install your vent tube.

·
Registered
12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4
29 Posts
Pep Boys has a Champion battery which is a direct replacement. If purchased online thru Pep Boys it is $149 when it is on sale. Works great and fits perfect.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V Long Roof; '10 CTS Long Roof, now serving the Coast Guard; '16 ATS-V Sedan
13,623 Posts
Just be sure you can still vent it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts