Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been lurking on here for a few days and figured it was about time to introduce myself.
My name is Jay, I kind of inherited my 93 Sedan Deville from my brother after my camaro was stolen. He moved to Denver for the Air Force and bought a new 2004 GMC Sonoma, so i got the caddy.

I've been a resident at camaroz28.com for a few years and figured that now i have a caddy so i should find a caddy board.
I don't know all that much about Caddy's, all of my time and effort (and money) went into my camaro. It was an 85 Z28 that I replaced the entire drivetrain (at least twice) and had done plenty of extra stuff to it. I'm new to fuel injection as well, my Z28 had a holley on it and i couldn't have been happier with it. Man I miss that car...... :crying2:

I was wondering if there was a site out there that could tell me the specs on my caddy. I know it has the 4.9L but thats pretty much it. I don't expect to do much to the car, aside from getting it to run as well as I can...... runs pretty good now, but i can't leave well enough alone.

Are there any things that I should look out for with these cars? I had learned about pretty much any and every problem that camaros typically have. I plan on doing a "tune up" on this pretty soon and I figured I would try and find out if there was anything out of the ordinary to look out for.

thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WELCOME to the forums.
Coming from 350's myself caddy's can get complicated.
The 4.9L has 200HP and 190LB torque (think on the torque)
Things to look for is just basic tune up things, hoses rotting away, Throttle body normally needs to be cleaned

·
Registered
520 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
WELCOME to the forums.
Coming from 350's myself caddy's can get complicated.
The 4.9L has 200HP and 190LB torque (think on the torque)
Things to look for is just basic tune up things, hoses rotting away, Throttle body normally needs to be cleaned
The torque's closer to 275 Josh.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone
I'm mainly concerned with changing the tranny filter and giving the coolant a good flush, then check out the other little things.
My drivers door handle is cracked and from what I have found on the internet there isn't much out there for replacement parts. Any good online junkyards that have caddy parts?

I sunk a ton of cash into my camaro so i know what its like to pay out the nose for parts, but I don't expect to do much. Only significant change I would make would be to make the brakes a little better, they seem kinda soft for such a big car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
jayman350