Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 black buttons right in front of the interior lights that are right in front of the rear view mirror, No idea what these things do, but when pushed they light up a red light... are the cops coming to save me? And the RDM or whatever button on my factory cd player, this button puzzles me also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My car didn't come with a manual, is there any website to see what all my buttons do? aha that sounds kind of funny.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
From what you are describing, I would bet its the homelink garage door opener, it has three black buttons and a red light comes on when you press one, it is designed to work any gate or garage door(s) up to three. As far as the RDM on your radio, that means random, when you are listening to a cd, it will shuffle them on a non sequencial order, it was just for people who were bored and just wanted to listen to music in any order, by the way, that is a nice car you have.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Aka Nameless said:
when pushed they light up a red light...
I can see it now....someone's garage door keeps opening and closing everytime you hit that button and they wonder if their garage is haunted. :)

·
Registered
98 Concours, 2004 Deville DTS
185 Posts
Aka Nameless said:
I have 3 black buttons right in front of the interior lights that are right in front of the rear view mirror, No idea what these things do, but when pushed they light up a red light... are the cops coming to save me? And the RDM or whatever button on my factory cd player, this button puzzles me also.
If you mean the RDS button on the factory radio that stands for Radio Data Stream. Some stations in larger cities send an extra signal with the artist and name of the song (you must have the RDS on and be tuned into one of these stations). It is a very cool feature.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Homelink information and programming instructions are readily available at www.homelink.com
RDS I believe stands for Radio Data System.
It's used to filter for certain types of music if you have local stations that broadcast RDS data with their music. The radio will display call letters and messages, sometimes artist and song title information. It all depends on what stations participate locally and what kind of data they transmit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts