Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the coupe has a wider wheel, but what's the widest tire we can run on the rear of the sedan issues? Sorry if this has already been covered.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those 305s looks amazing. Thanks for finding that thread; much appreciated. Are many people running the 305s? What's the next size down from that?

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
FWIW, while the 305 may fit on the sedan wheel rim maybe something to consider is that in the case of the Bridgestone RE11 performance tire the recommended wheel rim width is 10.5"-11.5" for their 305/30/19 tire whereas the sedan's wheel rim width is 9.5".

The diameter of the RE11 305 tire is 26.3", whereas the diameter of the stock 285/35/19 is 26.9". Enough to affect the rear gear ratio and/or speedo ????

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the coupe has a wide wheel and I've read that it's not a direct-fit with the sedan. What exactly is the reason the coupe wheels won't fit?

·
Registered
CTS-V
293 Posts
wrong back spacing if I remember correctly.
I know the backspacing is different, but has any one tried it? I believe it'd just move the outside edge of the wheel/tire out about .89". Should fill the wheelwell better, like what nationalspeed did with widened wheels. They would also gain .4" of inboard clearance. I bet one could widen the coupe wheels to 11" and they'd fit.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
While looking at the 305, I think that I'll stick with the 285, at least for this year. If it is a little stickier, all the better. Plus, Tire Rack has the 285s like $70 cheaper each too!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
415 Posts
I read that national speed write up. Amazing that they got 325/30/19 on the rear (widened the front wheel 2 inches) and moved the 285/35/19s rears to the front.

The big drawback is there are not a lot of tires availabe in the 325/30/19 size.

·
Registered
2009 Black Raven CTS-V (613rwhp/606rwtq) [email protected]
269 Posts
I just bought some Satin Graphite rims, with the 19x10 "coupe" rears. I'm going to be putting them on a Sedan. Luke from Lindsay Cadillac talked with people at his work and they couldn't come up with a reason why they wouldn't fit a sedan.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought some Satin Graphite rims, with the 19x10 "coupe" rears. I'm going to be putting them on a Sedan. Luke from Lindsay Cadillac talked with people at his work and they couldn't come up with a reason why they wouldn't fit a sedan.
Let us know how this turns out please.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's interesting, but good to know. I wonder why many people said that the coupe wheels wouldn't bolt right up to the sedan?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
816 Posts
That's interesting, but good to know. I wonder why many people said that the coupe wheels wouldn't bolt right up to the sedan?
I don't think people were saying they wouldn't bolt up, just noted the different backspacing vs. the Sedan wheels.

Just like those that said the much shorter 305/30/19 tires would look way too small, you never know until you see it actually done. I always knew they'd fit, just didn't know how the different offset would actually look until it was done. From the pics, it seems good. Love to see if something like a 325/30/19 would fit (and look) under there since the backspacing is less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts