Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DTS Premium Collection
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched YouTube vids and read postings, but my headlight assembly (2010 DTS) just doesn't want to come out. I removed one 10mm bolt on top, then I took off the front plastic cover in engine bay (8 fasteners), then removed the 2nd 10mm top bolt. Then took off the inner liner and easily got the 10mm nut off. Then I took out a few more plastic fasteners holding in the grille, so I could move it out a little bit.

But the headlight assembly seems hung up on the bumper. I am tempted to try and pry it up and over the bumper edge, but before I break anything too expensive, I thought I'd post here and see if I may be missing something obvious????????

·
Registered
2007 DTS (Base: 1SB)
95 Posts
not a mechanic Only trying to help:
In a how to vid , it shows removing the 2 top bolts & nut you mentioned and also a bolt on the bottom of the headlight assembly. It was a 2007 DTS in the video. If that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
255 Posts
Karkiosk use to have a really good video tutorial but it's not longer up. You need to pull the bumper fascia back a little and pull the unit up and out. Having someone to help really helps. I did mine by myself.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,647 Posts
Make the easy things as difficult as possible so people will bring them to the dealer where they can find more things that are "needed". Right in line with removing the radiator drain plug. :mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not a mechanic Only trying to help:....In a how to vid , it shows removing the 2 top bolts & nut you mentioned and also a bolt on the bottom of the headlight assembly. It was a 2007 DTS in the video. If that makes a difference.
Can anyone confirm this? Is there a fourth fastener on the assembly itself?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2006 DTS performance
2 Posts
One thing I learned folks: Drop the entire bumper. The thing is really flexible and I did this by dropping only one side. Flexing this when removing/installing the light muffed up my chrome tape trim on the bumper. Next time...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is a fourth fastener inside wheel well behind the light assembly.
Yep, found it, that sure helped. I didn't have that one out on the first go-round. But then I had to get the numper fascia loosened up too. A real PITA, haha. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,016 Posts
FWIW.
Removing the entire front fascia is not that big of a deal. After doing it once or twice it takes less that 10 minutes using hand tools.If you have a power driver it is even less. If you try to short cut this step you are asking for scratched paint, broken trim and broken wires and connectors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts