Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS turbo coupe
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the KPE for $600 plus s/h compaired to the Diablosport intune at $390 plus s/h i would like to know the REAL difference between the 2 besides price. what makes one better than the other?????? i just wanna open my wallet up one time! want some reviews from u guys based off the ATS 2.0t version since thats what i drive. thanks

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
We provide tunes for the engine and trans, I don't know for sure but some of the other options only include the engine tune, and the trans is an extra cost.

A tool like the intune will grow with you, and even works on lots of other GM, ford and Chrysler applications should you find yourself in a different vehicle down the road.

Thanks

K

·
0 Posts
well the KPE for $600 plus s/h compaired to the Diablosport intune at $390 plus s/h i would like to know the REAL difference between the 2 besides price. what makes one better than the other?????? i just wanna open my wallet up one time! want some reviews from u guys based off the ATS 2.0t version since thats what i drive. thanks
We specialize in GM Only Tuning, with factory trained software engineers. Over 20 years of GM specific Tuning at the OE engineering level gives us access to and experience in many parts of the ECU others do not have. Our methods also do not modify the operating system and are temporary flash only files, which also make them not visible to the dealer. 100% reversible, 100% safe and effective. We also offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. Our engineers roots are in Europe with the Opel division of GM (many of these smaller displacement turbo engines are derived from the European and Asian GM market before they reach US soil) This gives KPE/ IPF Tuning an advantage as we have been working with many of these engines before they ever even reach the US.

On the 2.0T engine we pick up 36WHP and 30WTQ with the ECU tuning alone on the ATS, even more with our stainless cat delete down-pipe upgrade. The IPF Flash tool also works on all GM vehicles we support (any GM vehicle from 2008+)

Our Forum Price is $499 with the discount, and we could include include the transmission tuning in that price as well. 30 day risk free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also in the same boat. Is there a forum code to use for the discount? And how do we specify if we also want the tranny tune when ordering the kpe tune? Thank you!

K

·
0 Posts
I am also in the same boat. Is there a forum code to use for the discount? And how do we specify if we also want the tranny tune when ordering the kpe tune? Thank you!
Coupon Code: 100offtuning and you can leave a comment in the comments section about the transmission tuning, I process all the orders and set up the allowances on the tuning modules. I will include the TCU files for this price.

·
Registered
2015 ATS turbo coupe
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for all the info. here is a message from diablo on their tune:
Ive posted the dyno sheets from my car in the development thread, baseline was 201 rwhp, tuned was 253 rwhp, 93 octane, mine is a 2013 model.

in my opinion i will go with the diablosport intune tuner. from the dyno reports posted 36hp kpe/diablo 52hp. plus if i can save $160 and iam not racing the car just want more power i will go that way. by far kpe has put a lot into their tuner and research if the price were the same i would prob go kpe. NOT knocking either guy just my opioion on which way iam going. thanks both on your inputs!!! :)

·
Registered
2013 3.6 AWD
12 Posts
thanks for all the info. here is a message from diablo on their tune:
Ive posted the dyno sheets from my car in the development thread, baseline was 201 rwhp, tuned was 253 rwhp, 93 octane, mine is a 2013 model.

in my opinion i will go with the diablosport intune tuner. from the dyno reports posted 36hp kpe/diablo 52hp. plus if i can save $160 and iam not racing the car just want more power i will go that way. by far kpe has put a lot into their tuner and research if the price were the same i would prob go kpe. NOT knocking either guy just my opioion on which way iam going. thanks both on your inputs!!! :)
Are that numbers for the KPE 3.6 AWD different at all than the RWD model. I would think they would be a little less since it is an AWD system with more moving parts. Any insight on this would be awesome! I am really contemplating in getting this tune.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Having the most power isn't always the best, limits, reliability. I've had the diablosport intune and got rid of it because of consistency issues. Diablosport has recently made updates but I have no experience with the new updates so I cannot say if it is any better or not. I currently have another tuner and am more than happy.

K

·
0 Posts
Are that numbers for the KPE 3.6 AWD different at all than the RWD model. I would think they would be a little less since it is an AWD system with more moving parts. Any insight on this would be awesome! I am really contemplating in getting this tune.
Yes the AWD will be slightly lower WHP numbers but rather insignificant 3-5% more loss, but you could also argue that its gained on traction and power distribution. I have seen it argued both ways, but the drivability and engine power gains are still substantial, do not forget we also offer a money back guarantee as well, we are confident you will be more than pleased.

----------

Having the most power isn't always the best, limits, reliability. I've had the diablosport intune and got rid of it because of consistency issues. Diablosport has recently made updates but I have no experience with the new updates so I cannot say if it is any better or not. I currently have another tuner and am more than happy.
Very true statement! We are focused on drive-ability and performance, dyno graphs mean nothing if the vehicle responds poorly in the real world. Many of our customers came from "other" brands and feel the extra cost is well worth the quality of our consistent, smooth power delivery and overall driving experience. Proper mapping is very complicated and our tuning staff members are GM factory level trained engineers, with actual engineering degrees and OE software development experience. Most customers tell us the vehicle drives as it should have from the factory. We have over 33,000 satisfied GM customers globally.

·
Registered
2018 XTS VSport Platinum AWD
283 Posts
Yes the AWD will be slightly lower WHP numbers but rather insignificant 3-5% more loss, but you could also argue that its gained on traction and power distribution. I have seen it argued both ways, but the drivability and engine power gains are still substantial, do not forget we also offer a money back guarantee as well, we are confident you will be more than pleased.
The statement that I've high lighted with bold print is something I've been wondering about.. My KPE tuned 3.6 AWD explodes off the line so hard (sometimes by accident).. That it feels like if it were not AWD, that I would burning up my back tires..

·
Registered
2015 ATS turbo coupe
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:worship: lol sounds like from a lot of reading on this site iam going with the KPE! just need to sell more stuff on ebay lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
KPE said:
Coupon Code: 100offtuning and you can leave a comment in the comments section about the transmission tuning, I process all the orders and set up the allowances on the tuning modules. I will include the TCU files for this price.
I have a fwd 2014 xts (non vsport) and was looking into the tune you have. Are you willing to include the TCU codes with that tune as well?

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,637 Posts
:worship: lol sounds like from a lot of reading on this site iam going with the KPE! just need to sell more stuff on ebay lol
And if you didn't already know and have E85 available where you drive, KPE has a tune that lets you run E85 or gas or anything in between.

All other tune makers to my knowledge require hardware modifications to the 2.0T to run E85. E85 runs cooler and cleaner and has considerably higher octane than 93 premium gas which allows more advance and gives additional power over gas. I believe this tune gives slightly less power on pure gas than their gas only tune and it probably gives slightly less power on E85 than a car that has had the hardware mods to run E85. So if you are going to be driving with premium gas all the time, you should use the gas tune but if you can run E85 or a mixture, its a no brainer. I'm not too happy that the only E85 station near where I drive (but still 5 miles out of my way) is a boutique detailing spa that also sells gas. The problem is their prices are so high the E85 is more expensive than gas anywhere else. Normally E85 is cheaper than gas which somewhat offsets the lower mileage of E85.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've been wanting to run KPEs tune after selling my intune by Diablo. The fact that I can run E85 to keep my fuel hardware cleaner is a plus and its around $2/gallon around me. Just have to fine $500 and still save for the fiance's birthday trip.

K

·
0 Posts
I have a fwd 2014 xts (non vsport) and was looking into the tune you have. Are you willing to include the TCU codes with that tune as well?
Yes we can do that for you.

----------

Does any one know is the tune will affect the factory remote start that is programed to my car?
No the tuning will not affect your remote start functionality, all systems will remain 100% operational, as we do not modify the actual operating systems in any way, only the mapping within these systems.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts