Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I've got a 2.8 pulley now and was thinking of going with a 2.6. Just looking for input from anyone that's got a 2.6.

Mike

·
0 Posts
gee that is the same setup i am runnig.i got a 2.75 and a 2.6. what r u running with the 2.8(how many lbs)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7lbs, But a guy in tech support at Magnuson said they were capable of 10-12lbs as long as the blower wasn't spinning over 14-16k rpm's. I'm getting a custom blower cam made and adding the Volant CAI, some more BMR stuff and lowering the car, so was going to do everything at the same time, how much didi you pay for your 2.6?

Mike

·
0 Posts
it is capable of 12 lbs safely. i am also getting 7 lbs with the 2.75. 2.6 cost me 120 u.s. i also have a custom cam going in,with afr heads, meziere electric water pump, full aeromotive fuel system, msd coil packs,ls1 edit,eibach springs,oil cooler,exedy twin disc clutch/flywheel, and a tnt wet nitrous system. my heads shipped out today and that is the only part i am still waiting for. as soon as they arrive it goes into the shop.

·
0 Posts
will post dyno video when if finally gets done. i am hoping for at 650 rwhp

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
JEEEZ . . . . and I would be thrilled to dyno at 250 RWHP in my lowly V6 CTS. You guys are power addicts! (said in a good way). :worship:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure yet, Jeff's gonna try out a few different one's I think, cars gonna be there around 2 weeks.

Mike

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
So let me know if I'm not correct with this.

3.0 pulley = ~5.5 to 6 lbs of boost
2.8 pulley = ~7 lbs of boost

Any expectations for the 2.6 pulley? ~8 lbs of boost would seem logical, but...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
wildwhl said:
Luna -

with headers and at 4,500' I see just over 6 psi with the 2.8" pulley. Before headers and with the 3.0" pulley I saw about 5 psi.

I find it interesting you mention the headers.

Are you suggesting that headers help with boost?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Luna -

Nope...headers do help make some power, but the boost drops with the headers - nearly 1 psi in my case. There are several articles available on line to explain why - basically free flowing equals less back pressure equals lower boost numbers ;)

Not sure I'd do headers again...but the HP thing just gets so addicting :bonkers:

·
0 Posts
i am making 7 lbs with headers and a 2.75 pully. hoping for 8.5 with 2.6

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am getting 7.5 pounds of boost.. i am little past or just past the .5 bar on my guage, looks to be .6... last i checked the conv. that was around 7.5
1 bar is suppose to be 14 pounds of boost.
My dealer called me friday and said smaller pulley is otw.. i should have mine by a week. but be careful.. make sure your psitons dont get roasted.. i had all my pistons ceramic coated for SC's and nitrous, to keep them from spot welding lol.. cerimac coating will give you a better smoother & even burn across them without all those burn spots.
you should have seen my plugs before i changed them... SC is like a jet engine.. i had 5 cracked plat plugs,,, the ceramic around the plugs were burnt into, chunks missing.. when i get a chance i will get close up shots of them... plat plugs & SC is a fubar screw up.. trust me.
later blitzer

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
BliTzer said:
I am getting 7.5 pounds of boost.. i am little past or just past the .5 bar on my guage, looks to be .6... last i checked the conv. that was around 7.5
1 bar is suppose to be 14 pounds of boost.
My dealer called me friday and said smaller pulley is otw.. i should have mine by a week. but be careful.. make sure your psitons dont get roasted.. i had all my pistons ceramic coated for SC's and nitrous, to keep them from spot welding lol.. cerimac coating will give you a better smoother & even burn across them without all those burn spots.
you should have seen my plugs before i changed them... SC is like a jet engine.. i had 5 cracked plat plugs,,, the ceramic around the plugs were burnt into, chunks missing.. when i get a chance i will get close up shots of them... plat plugs & SC is a fubar screw up.. trust me.
later blitzer
Exactly, get the NGK TR55's

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
wildwhl