Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Ralph said:
You never know! Who would have thought there would be a retro designed TBird, or Beetle, or even the next Mustang based on the Shelby Cobra. Or '40's style PT Cruiser Woody. Give it twenty years Wes, only problem is they will be electric. :vomit: :crying:
frig the '93-'96 Fleetwood, or even 20 years, I want to see a new design of the '59 Eldorado....hell yeah, it's gotta be big, big fins and alotta chrome, weigh a ton and still have no proablem lighting up the tires form a stop :D

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Panther said:
I want to see a new design of the '59 Eldorado....
The original '59 couldn't be improved upon, unless it's was the better looking 1960 model.

Might be cool as a Boyd Coddington Hot Rod (and looks ok as a Hot Wheels), but it wouldn't be cool for Cadillac who needs to concentrate on competing with the big boys.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Katshot said:
"frig the '93-'96 Fleetwood??
EXCUSE ME??!!

Trying to re-do a "classic" is useless. You'll NEVER recapture the magic of the ORIGINAL
Actually I like the '93-'96 Fleetwood, with the LT1, as it would be a great base to a sleeper.... I was thinking agbout getting one instead of my DeVille, as some were going cheap, but then my car came up with low miles, all the options I wanted and a price that was hard to beat, so I took it.

I persoanlly would rather have a late 70's Coupe DeVille with a 500 and make that a huge sleeper....

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Of course.... but the fleetwoods have SOME praticality..... They do get good gas mileage, and are reasonable cars to use as dailys...... But a 70s CDV with the 500 WOULDNT be the car I would want to drive every day to work...... Gas mileage is killer..... Finding a parking spot would be tough.... And if it was your baby you wouldnt want people bashing into it with their car doors.... Its a weekend car......

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
elwesso said:
Of course.... but the fleetwoods have SOME praticality..... They do get good gas mileage, and are reasonable cars to use as dailys...... But a 70s CDV with the 500 WOULDNT be the car I would want to drive every day to work...... Gas mileage is killer..... Finding a parking spot would be tough.... And if it was your baby you wouldnt want people bashing into it with their car doors.... Its a weekend car......
that's why I would have my '93 Coupe DeVille :D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ive driven the FW a few times, and I never had a problem parking it..... it does take a little to get it out of the spots...... but its not horrible.....

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
elwesso said:
Ive driven the FW a few times, and I never had a problem parking it..... it does take a little to get it out of the spots...... but its not horrible.....
Can't be any worse then my mom's '89 Brougham, almost 20 feet long.... same basic body style since '77

I want to get one, and drop a built 350 in it, then I can :burn:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Im sure that was a good car to learn to drive on!!!!!!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts