Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Achtung!

Hey guys, I have been e mailing a high perf outfit in austrailia that does the hot rod Holdens. We have been talking about the diff dilema...They are interested in making one that can take a beating. We would probably need to get 50+ units to make this work.

First.. does any of you have an actual V diff to use as a mule? I have a complete V-6 diff but its an open rear. I would rather send them the real McCoy but its probably just the case that they need.

T

·
0 Posts
I would be in for one so add my name to the list. I'll be taking mine in this week for a new one and I'll ask if I can keep the old one.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would chip in some dough so we can collectively buy a diff., and of course, I would be in for the finished product. What is a diff, 1800.00?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
If this really came through, I'm willing to bet 50 people would pony up to the plate easily, even if they didn't / haven't had issues with their rear-ends.

I know I would...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Luna. said:
If this really came through, I'm willing to bet 50 people would pony up to the plate easily, even if they didn't / haven't had issues with their rear-ends.

I know I would...
Because of the diff issues I've read here, I've been taking it easy on the car. I've experienced minor wheel hop only a few times, and haven't had any issues thus far (rear whining). This said, I'd be in.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Texan V said:
These guys?

http://www.difftechnics.com.au/

Even though I haven't had any problems with my rear YET, I'm in on this. Their GTO units go for about $4,100 USD. I'd pay that for a bullet proof 9" IRS...
This be the boyz! Seems they know their stuff. Im expecting the V diff to be cheaper as the Goat unit is completely different. Im still trolling for a blown diff. Any donations out there??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Phil at DTE has one sitting on the shelf that he's not using. It was going to be his development model until he opted not to re-engineer the diff. You might check with him.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
$4Gs???? Fkuc that! I'll see how the STS-V diff holds up first, then I'll just let the car enter "The Lemon Zone"!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ace996 said:
$4Gs???? Fkuc that! I'll see how the STS-V diff holds up first, then I'll just let the car enter "The Lemon Zone"!!
I dont thiink it will be that high but then some guys spend that for a tire /wheel package.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
12,266 Posts
Id be VERY interested. almost 30K miles on the second rear and were whining again....need to have that peace of mind that I dont have currently.

F

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm more than happy letting GM pay for every diff that needs to be replaced, as it really is their responsibility to provide a working unit. My thoughts are: let the diffs be changed out as many times as necessary during the warrantee period. That way GM will know what a real problem there is with our drivetrains. Second, should one install a monster diff, that can handle the way this car likes to be driven, something else is going to show as the weak point. With a new diff, something that GM didn't "make", I can only imagine the warrantee denials that will fly as a result of a new piece.
Disclaimer** Keep in mind, if one is not interested in warranties, then the above is BS, and a stronger diff is great news.
-I'd love a new diff, something that I don't need to worry about during spirited driving/autox/track use. It'd be great to drive this car without having that questioning feeling in the back of my mind...but I'm not about to drop a few Gs on something that should've been done from the start. Hey, if there's a way for the DSM/ASMs to cover some of the cost when a new diff is needed, then that'd lessen the sting and make me more apt to take the plunge. FWIW, my dealership reimbursed me $175 on the Specter Werks bushings...I installed them 1 month before the GM pieces came out. If there was a way this could apply to the diff.....I"m in.
-ace

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thebigjimsho said:
Quaife will make a diff for us with only 10 commits and a donor diff.
Who is that?? The Aussies need a 50 commit and probably $3k each.
Fill me in. Im about to ship the diff out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My second diff is whining pretty after only 4,000 miles and since it is a lease, I'm with Ace.
Mine is stock so mods should kill it sooner. I will let it whine for a while so I can make sure I get the 06 diff. Maybe that will help.
Good luck because it's needed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
lasstss