Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
myself:
1970 charger. easily restored with new electrical and minor bodywork...
$250 CAN purchase price, restoration costs: Appx $150 CAN
1991 caprice classic (De-Commisioned police cruiser) minor bodywork and new dash...
$200 CAN purchase price, restoration costs: appx $100 CAN
im gone.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
My 68 $5000.
All original w/67k, decent shape, all it needed to be road ready was a tire and some brake work.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
When our son turned 17, I went out looking for a Jeep Cherokee, as that was what he wanted. We were looking at 1997s. (It was 2001) A few days later, he received a birthday card from his grandparents on my WIFE'S side with a check made out to me, for him, for $13,000. The following day he received a check for $13,000 from his grandparents on MY side, with a note from both of them for us to buy him a brand new 2001 Jeep Cherokee the way he wanted it.
THAT was the best deal I ever got on a car.
He really takes care of that car, and it looks brand new, except for a 2" scratch on the back bumper, some clown gave it in parking. It's now 3 years old and flawless. In the ensueing 3 years all 4 grandparents passed away. He says that he'll never sell it, even when he finishes college and has work and replaces it, he will keep it forever. (I do believe it). Good Deal :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
my '70 - $650

My friends cars:
'86 mitsu starion $100 (built up to a 10sec car)
'61 ford galaxie $100 (sold to a friend for $150)
'87 vw quantum $100 (sold for $400)
'62 lincoln continental $900 (building up the motor)

He's the master of the hundred dollar cars.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
1965 Chevy Stepside truck $150 sold for $3000
1969 Dodge Truck with 440 V8 for $1000. Sold Truck minus V8 and tranny for $1500 and sold 440 V8 and tranny for $1250.
My Caddy for $200

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
84 caprice classic in everall good condition with 80k miles on it.... FREE!
Well my friend has you all beat except for the free one.. $88 for his 94 Corsica. In good shape except a bit of front end damage. They're having another slasher sale, this time for $86, so I might just have to go and see if I can get a beater to beat on and slide around in the snow / do donuts / just f*** around with.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
1988 Saleen MustanK Convertible. White/Red.

They wanted $24,595. I offered $17,000 and drove it off the showroom floor three days later.

What I didn't know is that the 580 miles on the odometer were put on the car by a 19-year-old who stole it during a test drive.

They didn't catch him for over a week. Reportedly, he spent the week running up and down I-55 in North Mississippi at speeds of 110 mph and higher. That engine didn't get much of a break-in period.

·
Registered
29 Posts
parents pretty much gave me mine... it was sittin in our barn for like 5 years, then i got my license and put a new battery in it!, been workin my way up from there, paint and roof next =D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
My best deal all in all would be:

84 Lincoln Towncar
paid $1000 back in 97
car crapped out cuz it had been flood damaged
sold for $1000 few months later (told buyer of flood, he wanted the stereo and other parts so it was cool)

flash forward to Nov 2003, ABC news calls me for an interview about that 84 Lincoln, they were doing a investigative report on Carfax and flood damage etc.......long story short, I got my 16 seconds of fame on the Five o'clock news in NYC!

Oh yeah, I rcently flipped a civic on Ebay for a cool $1250 arbitrage too.
95 civic, paid $1000 sold $2250 on ebay 1 week later.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ray Stanz: "everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work, and shocks and brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end."

Peter Vekman: "how much?" as he stares that the beat up 59 caddy ambulance in disgust.

Stanz: "only $4800, mabey new rings, also mufflers, a little wiring."

Nice quote from ghostbusters. Good deal huh? LOL
im gone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In 1991 my parents bought a new car & were offered $850 as a trade on their 85 LTD. I had the dealer price my POS 84 Omni/Charger for trade. They offered $400. I offered to pay the difference if I could have the LTD. They traded mine and just gave me the LTD. I drove the LTD until June 2002 when I was rear-ended & the insurance complany wrote it off. I had spent some money on it over the years, but not a whole lot considering how old it had gotten.

It had 160,000 km on it when I got it. I put on another 170,000 km (105,000 miles) before it went to the graveyard. Not bad for a more-or-less FREE car.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
A 5 year old '74 Ford Camper special P/U loaded with 100,000 miles on it .....FREE! My Dad was sick of the P.O.S. I traded it in the next day on a new '77 Chevy P/U.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
kcnewell said:
A 5 year old '74 Ford Camper special P/U loaded with 100,000 miles on it .....FREE! My Dad was sick of the P.O.S. I traded it in the next day on a new '77 Chevy P/U.
87 olds 442, 89 blazer, 87 merc marquis
all 800 a piece

·
Registered
11 Posts
My best deal, was a 1960 Chevy Biscayne, 4 door, sedan.
6 cylinders, all of them burning oil. $10 bucks. And I drove it home. Also a 1968 Cortina GT, free, but I had to change the clutch.
Granted it was back in the '70s, but I drove both those cars for about a year each, until they finally died.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sometimes I like to buy cars for the pure reason of beating the hell outta them. prices ranging from $44 CAN to $250 CAN. this meaning midnight runs (yes i know its illegal) over concrete medians, down steep hills, catching air here and there until it doesnt run anymore. then i tow it to the junk yard, strip it for parts, sell the parts then the rest of the car making about $120 CAN depending on 2 things, the condition of the items and the type of vehical.
im gone.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Being my first car, the best deal I got for a car was $990. The guy wanted more, but I got him down to 990. He was a dummy cause the car was flawless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
16 Participants
HollywoodHicks1