Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is obvious that my Caddy is the "BEST" car I've ever owned but that comes with paying $400 a month for a car I always have to fix! Don't get me wrong, I love my caddy but we have a love/hate relationship on occasion.

What is the car that you've owned that has been the best to you, been the most satisfying, been the most trouble free, had/or has good karma, and you are/were extremely satisfied with it?

Mine was my 1988 Olds Cutt Supreme Coupe. I bought it for a $1000 buck and drove it about 40,000 miles all throughout college. I named it the hillkiller because I loved the power (2.8 v6), and the way it drove like a go cart. I'd beat the heck out of it and there would never be any huge repair bills. Whenever there was a repair needed, me and my dad would bang a couple wrenches against it and it would be all right. The car would never let me down and it always kept me safe. It is still in my driveway back up in the hills of Vermont and I plan on using it as a parts car when I get another one some day. It wasn't exactly a chick magnet though but who's perfect?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Probably was my 2000 Cadillac Escalade(bigest mistake selling it)
indash dvd(where remote cd player is, sony 7" screen, 2 18" subs, 2400 watts poer,xm radio, custom paint match front pushbar and rear light covers, HID's, viper 790 Remote start/alarm system. Goodyear MT/R tires. slyvania x1010 xenarc foglights. Biggest mistake of my life by selling it :crying2: It had the infamous startoff clunk, oil and anitfreeze leak, so i got pissed and sold it.Actually traded it in for my avalanche, which turned out to be the biggest POS ever!!!
Frank

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I can name several cars, but three or four stand out for different reasons.

Best Car: 1990 Acura Legend LS. This car had every option possible at the time. Great highway cruiser, enough power, very low maintenance, 22 mpg., and the dealership was outstanding in anticipating routine repairs before they could leave me stranded.

I put 93,000 miles on that car and traded it because it needed tires and the timing chain replaced soon. I figured why spend over $2000 on it when I really wanted something new anyway. So I bought an Acura 3.5 RL, which was comfortable, but bland. Not a very good car. I refer to them as Japanese Buicks now. Plus, it looked just like a Ford Crown Victoria and cost twice as much.

Of all the cars my parents owned, a few really good ones come to mind: The 1977 Sedan de Ville was one of the most solid cars I remember us having when I was growing up. Great date car, lotsa room, if you know what I mean? Pop put 84000 miles on it. The only car he's ever kept longer is his current 1994 Mercedes S420, which now has over 120,000 on the clock.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Mines a toss-up. My favorite I guess would be my '99 Vette. Right before the Vette I had an '87 GN that I was also very fond of. The car I had the most fun with was my '89 Formula 350. I bought it in '92 when I was 18-19, and my friends and I spent alot of weekends learning what not to do to that engine, I remember a header install that took a week, man my parents were pissed. All in all the only car I wish I still had was the GN.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Most dependable? Probably anyone of my old VW Beetles. My favorite vehicle? The one that I TRULY regret selling ? That's easy. '95 Eddie Baur Bronco. I customized it slightly by installing a nice exhaust and bigger tires, set fog lights into OEM holes in the grill, installed sound-proofing material throughout, and then installed a KILLER 3000 watt stereo system. The truck had every option and I never had a moments problem from it. It was especially great with the rear fiberglass roof section off on a nice summer day.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Katshot said:
Most dependable? Probably anyone of my old VW Beetles. My favorite vehicle? The one that I TRULY regret selling ? That's easy. '95 Eddie Baur Bronco. I customized it slightly by installing a nice exhaust and bigger tires, set fog lights into OEM holes in the grill, installed sound-proofing material throughout, and then installed a KILLER 3000 watt stereo system. The truck had every option and I never had a moments problem from it. It was especially great with the rear fiberglass roof section off on a nice summer day.
Do you have a pic of the Bronco? I love those trucks.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
The best car I have ever owned was probably my 1989 Nissan Maxima SE. I bought the car with 225,000 miles on it and that was my first stick shift car and I beat the crap out of that thing and I sold it with 241,000 miles on it and the thing ran like it was brand new. But my favorite car is a toss up between my 1991 Ford Taurus SHO+ and my Spec V

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 94 STS is the best car I have owned.

But my previous wheels ranked way up there. Of all things, it was a 1985 Ford LTD (the Fairmont-sized one). I got it in 1991 & it only cost me the car I had previous. It was my Mom's car & my folks were going to trade it in. The dealer offered them $850 for the trade & $400 for my car (84 Omni Charger :vomit:). I drove that Ford for another 11 years. Put 270,000 km on it (165,000 miles) & never had the engine open past the valve covers. Then the camshaft snapped. Put a parts car engine in it & drove it for another 65,000 km, but it never ran the same.

It was low HP, but had gobs of torque. Lots of get up & go at low speed, but it just ran out of steam at 75mph. I loved that car & drove it about 2 years longer than I had any sensible right to. It took getting rearended by a tailgater to get my butt out of that thing. It took a lot more damage than it should have, but it was getting pretty rusty (Insurance adjuster: "you know there are 2 nylon cargo straps holding up the gas tank?" Me: "Uh... yeah")

It was such a great car for me - comfy, handled well, reliable, economical - that I knew it was going to be tough to find a worthy replacement. So I bought a 94 STS.

And the STS is way better.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Of all the cars all of my family has owned, id either have to say (top 3)

My grandparents have owned (that I can remember) a 93 brougham, a 90 brougham, and a 95 brougham..... The 90 was black, and the 93 was sky blue with white interior....... All of those were seemingly great cars, but the 95 is just the best of all......

As far as me, I guess my Q is the best...... Ive barely put 3000 miles on it as of feb when I got it, and its been pretty good...... It needs some fixins......

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
elwesso said:
As far as me, I guess my Q is the best...... Ive barely put 3000 miles on it as of feb when I got it, and its been pretty good...... It needs some fixins......

Am I mistaken in thinking that your "Q" is your first car?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
kcnewell said:
Am I mistaken in thinking that your "Q" is your first car?
Thats what I'm thinking also.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Tis...... I guess it says "owned"..... I was including all the other cars of my parents I have driven...... I guess thats not right........

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Best car I've owned is the only car I've owned, except I briefly owned a pos 83 Corolla. That's my 75 Sedan DeVille. But, I think that's about to change when I go pick up my 75 Fleetwood Brougham (extended chassis model - like it needs that).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love, love, love my '55 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe. It's beautiful!!
I don't think I will ever sell her. I've learned.
I have owned and regretted selling the following cars, a 1975 Trans Am, 455 HO engine with 4 speed. One of 839 made. White with burgundy interior.
A 1966 Plymouth Satellite, Sport. Two door, Baby Yellow in colour with black and chrome interior.
A 1965 Implala SS. White with red interior.
I have owned other cars but these are my past favorites.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
32 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy