Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used 2003 cts, and i must say...i love this car. i know exactly why they say once your ass touches a caddy seat, you cant drive anything else.

with that said...allow me to give you a bit of history on the car. i purchased the car after having a 6 speed camaro for 5 years and i needed something a bit more comfy...where else but buy caddy!

anyways, case and point...I went from crappy gas mileage...to half way decent mpg.

I know the car was a considerable amount, my camaro weighed in at 3290, the caddy is 4300. Im just wondering...i got 275 miles to a full tank driving it till it almost turned off...is that what i should get used to?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
4300 lbs! Yea, maybe on the Kirstie Alley diet!
Depending on what you CTS is spec'd with, it weights from 3500 lbs up to about 3700. The 3.6 with some of its packages weighed in alittle more and the V a little more then that. But even then the V stil weighs under 4000 lbs.

You should see at least 20 mpg's. If not, Id start checking for problems. Whether its driving habits or youre CTS needs a tune-up.

·
Registered
Cadillac
55 Posts
At interstate speeds I get 28 i.e. 75-80mph and in town with a lot of stop and go I get 22 give or take a mile.

I think the official is 21/27.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
I get around 19-20mpg with my daily driving which is a mix of city and highway. I usually only get up into the low-mid 20's on highway roadtrips but thats probably because I usually cruise at 80-85mph.

·
Registered
'03 Plat. CTS w/ Nav
123 Posts
I get 19 in the city. But I just drove to NYC and Boston from Arkansas and I got around 29.5
Big difference

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get around 19-20mpg with my daily driving which is a mix of city and highway. I usually only get up into the low-mid 20's on highway roadtrips but thats probably because I usually cruise at 80-85mph.
i guess thats what i should begin to expect then...i drive highway, but shit...nothing less than 100!!!

about it being 4300...i could have sworn i read that on the door...guess i was looking at teh wrong number! ill have to check that out again!

but thanks again guys...very helpful.

my warranty expires soon, and i want to get all my ducks in a row before its officially up!

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
EPA says 18/24 (fueleconomy.gov). I think my window sticker says 18/26. With my Borla exhaust and volant intake my mpg has gone up to 28-30 on the highway. Unfortunately my drive to work is 4.2 miles where the speed limit tops out at 45 mph. I get a nice cruise down a hill on the way home, but my average is still generally around 19 because of the stupid stop lights and chicago traffic.

I think I get over 300 to a tank though.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
4300lbs huh, How much do you weigh? By my calculations, it looks like about 600-700 lbs. This fact will hurt your MPG compared to other CTS drivers. :stirpot:

Anyway, My 03 CTS gets 22.8 AVG around town. The DIC will give you pretty accurate MPG, there is no need to calculate # of miles traveled on what you believe to be a full tank of gas. As far as View pulling off 29.5MPG, I'm impressed. Traveling Arkansas to NYC must be downhill most of the time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003
144 Posts
One thing I have found with the calculated mpg is the fact that my 2003 read about 1/2 to 1 gallon less than what I determine I use when I fill up the tank. This will inflate the mpg a bit. If you fill up with 20 gals and the CTS tells you it used 19 gals, your DIC value for mpg will be high by about 5%.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
One thing I have found with the calculated mpg is the fact that my 2003 read about 1/2 to 1 gallon less than what I determine I use when I fill up the tank. This will inflate the mpg a bit. If you fill up with 20 gals and the CTS tells you it used 19 gals, your DIC value for mpg will be high by about 5%.
I'm pretty sure my CTS only has a 16 gallon tank...

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003
144 Posts
2003 has 17.5, others have 17 gal capacity. I used 20 since it make the math easier (1 out of 20 = 5%) but should not have implied that the CTS has a 20 gal tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts